AVET MXJ 6/4 Anti Reverse slop

Started by Osprey, April 01, 2014, 09:18:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osprey

Have an MXJ 6/4. The anti reverse has quite a bit of play. I am about to order parts to repair along with all bearings and springs. The parts associated with the anti-reverse are; anti-Reverse gear, disk ring, drive shaft stop nut, drive shaft stop pin, connection arm, friction ring. Does anyone have suggestions about other parts that could be contributing to the slop in the anti-reverse. This may seem like over-kill but I have a limited time when I return to Okinawa during the peak season and do not want problems. I would send to Avet but when I speak to them I can not get a firm repair and ship date. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

it's probably a good idea to get some dogs, spool and pinion bearings. bearings doesn't have anything to do with the lag but as mentioned it's a good idea and welcome to the "neighborhood"... :)

Keta

Always replace the pinion bearing.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

All newer Avets have a little slop in the anti-reverse because the anti-reverse pawl is connected to the drive system and engages when there is a slight reverse of the handle.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

SoCalAngler

Quote from: Bryan Young on April 01, 2014, 04:10:29 PM
All newer Avets have a little slop in the anti-reverse because the anti-reverse pawl is connected to the drive system and engages when there is a slight reverse of the handle.

Yep, about a inch or so movement in the handles know it normal on newer models.