Question about Handles on Avet LX 6.0 & HXW 5/2

Started by reeldeal, April 01, 2014, 06:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reeldeal

Hey y'all, first time post for me. let me start by saying, wow so much information here!
I have a few reels (2 LX 6.0, and 1 HXW 5/2) that I am redoing, and I have a problem with the handle grips not turning smoothly.
Do these come off?
I took out the two screws and cover that conceals the 1/4" nut underneath.
After removing the nut, and washers, I can see the bearing that would be corroded, but cant seem to get the handle off to clean/replace that bearing.
So does this knob come off, to give access to the bearing in there?
From looking at others posts, it seems that all are the newer model Avet's I believe. I can get serial numbers off the case when I get home.

Bryan Young

If you can see the bearings, that means the handle can come off.  if it's rusted, you gotta give it a good yank.  I had to use my foot to support the arm while standing on it on a rubber mat and pull straight off.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

reeldeal

Quote from: Bryan Young on April 01, 2014, 06:42:33 PM
If you can see the bearings, that means the handle can come off.  if it's rusted, you gotta give it a good yank.  I had to use my foot to support the arm while standing on it on a rubber mat and pull straight off.

Ok I figured so, soaked in some WD40 to try and loosen it up. Just wanted some confirmation that I would not be yanking in vein  ??? :o