Jigmaster Stainless Steel Main Gear Only

Started by Lensters, April 02, 2014, 02:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three se7ens

agreed.  Its not cheap to make a lot of them, but it gets downright expensive to just make a few.  This is especially true when you consider the number of separate operations involved in making a gear sleeve.

if you really want to mess your pants, get a local machine shop to price making you one...

Keta

My machinist works for beer, he said bring a keg for a narrow spool for a large Senator.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

I know Alan said it takes $1500 to $2000 to get an order rolling for the ss sleeves. His other ss Sleeves are perfect! He charges $20 for a smaller gear sleeve, like for a Surfmaster or Jigmaster. $33 for the 9/0,114H version.
I know the Boss has connections and I know if he would make sure they were perfect! I just wanted to know what you guys thought about it. I'll Shut up now so I don't mess my pants! :D
Life is Good!

Three se7ens

Quote from: Keta on April 05, 2014, 04:32:55 AM
My machinist works for beer, he said bring a keg for a narrow spool for a large Senator.

whats the best way to fly a keg across the country?

Shark Hunter

Adam,
Belay my Last on the ss sleeves. I was paid a visit by the SS Sleeve Fairy Saturday Morning. Bam!!
12 and 14/0 Sleeves. Good Things come to those who Wait!
Life is Good!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Tightlines667

That 14/0 sleeve is looking reel good!

Add sum SS double dogs, one of the custom cut SS stars, and find the old style Hardened steel main and pinion w/chromed bronze bridge, SS posts, torx screws, add an Alan T handle and Keta crank, and your on the way to a 'super tank'.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

I Have the Super Tank John! SS Sleeve with 10 tooth Ratchet, Double SS Dogs and the Steel main and pinion with Chromed Bridge! The Handle is only a Detail. I got it Covered Bruh! ;D
Life is Good!

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: Three se7ens on April 05, 2014, 04:49:23 AM
whats the best way to fly a keg across the country?

good one! LOL...by land is cheaper. ;D yes inconel is mainly used for high temperature application e.g. turbo manifolds for racing...

don't forget to add SS side plates on those 14/0... ;) :)