Difference between Avet SX and SX Raptor

Started by JayMak79, April 03, 2014, 03:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayMak79

Hello,

I hope everyone's fishing season is starting off well!!! I had a question about the difference between the Avet SX and the SX Raptor...

When I look at the diagram for the SX Raptor it looks like there is only one drag element which is keyed to the washer...  Yet Avet advertises the reel as a "dual drag" - - I expected to see two carbon fiber washers (seperated by metal disks) positioned on the left had side of the reel...

Am I correct in my assumption that all they did was key the drag washer to get higher max drag numbers?

Keta

One CF washer but it's using both sides, the non Raptor CF washer is glued to the spool and only uses one side.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

JayMak79

Could a modification be made to the regular SX model to utilize both sides of the CF washer?

Bryan Young

Quote from: JayMak79 on April 03, 2014, 03:34:01 PM
Could a modification be made to the regular SX model to utilize both sides of the CF washer?
Yes but not worth the time and expense.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Quote from: Bryan Young on April 03, 2014, 03:38:24 PM
Yes but not worth the time and expense.

X2, I looked in to is and it's not really an option.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

JayMak79

Keta

New spool, drag washers, and drag plates at the minimum.

Mark Twain

SoCalAngler

The right sideplate is different also. The Raptors are a bit thicker/wider for the different drag setup, so add a new spool shaft also. If you want to convert your SX to a Raptor version it would be cheaper to sell your SX and use that money towards a Raptor.