Tip : Screw holding screwdriver , and soft grips for locking pliers

Started by stevennc, April 03, 2014, 09:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevennc

I have yet to do a reel tutorial . Even if I did it would not turn out near as nice as the other guys who have done theirs. I do have a couple tips for more tools that have been really making my life easier.

First is this Craftsman screw holding screwdriver. I tend to always struggle with the handle screw that locks the nut in place. This guy makes quick work of that, and works great.

Next is soft grips for locking pliers. I use these for gripping stuck tension knobs , I recently used it on 2 squidder rebuilds to hold the bearing cup in place while I pried the part that holds the bearing in. It keeps my parts from being marred up.

Ron Jones

I love those screwdrivers, didn't know Craftsman made one, I'll have to look into that.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

johnachak

I have been searching the web but I cannot find those pliers tips. Can you tell me where you got them? What size is that screwdriver? 1/8" or 3/16"?

foakes

I purchased a set of 3 pair in a pack (for different pliers) a few years ago, at Sears -- for just a few bucks.  Think Sears still has them -- they are red heavy duty vinyl -- work well.  I think they fit channel locks, vise grips, and a standard pair of pliers.

The reason I didn't mention them before was that I didn't want someone to go out and buy a new tool just for a one time thing -- but they work on everything that you may not want scratched or marred -- including your kitchen sink faucets.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

johnachak

I ordered the screw holding screwdrivers by Klein / Vaco from Amazon.com. they're made in the USA. They look a lot like that Craftsman one. I have not been able to find those pliers tips anywhere. A little while back I saw them in a few places.