Banner day on the Pastime Princess

Started by Newell Nut, April 04, 2014, 12:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

I lost count of how many big red snapper got tossed back due to the closed season and one really nice grouper had to go back (3 weeks from grouper season). Did manage to get some keeper mangrove snappers and vermilions.

Shark Hunter

Nice fish Dwight! That Mike Character standing next to you looks like he's not happy! :D
You are living the Dream My Man! ;)
Life is Good!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

erikpowell

That's a nice pair of mangrove snappers Dwight! Here in Fiji we call them Damu...
They are highly prized for their fight and taste... and my favorite light tackle target. The mangrove pit bull.  ;)  
How'd you catch those? ;)

bluefish69

I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

doradoben

Oh, some quality fish! Wonderful ocean conditions, sunny and calm blue water that looks like a giant lake. Thanks for posting the photos.

spottybastard

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Newell Nut

Erik, The best bait here for mangrove is a fresh plug cut from what we call grunts that we catch on sabikis on the first stop. If you think the mangrove is a fighter you should hook one of the red snappers. Twice the power of a mangrove. For mangroves I use a 7' fluorocarbon 40 lb leader and a 5/0 Eagle Claw Alaskan hook that I recently bought to test and they are great.

I was fishing out of Ponce Inlet, FL. I was using a Seeker Black Steel custom CJB80H and a Newell 540 3.2 with a 5+1 stack drag and a Tib frame and handle.

Going again Saturday.

Shark Hunter

So you live in Florida Dwight? For some reason, I thought you lived in Cali.
Life is Good!

Newell Nut

Vacationed here all my life so now I live in vacation land. No need to go anywhere. Fish most of the year and don't have shovel snow or fight traffic. Hard to get me out of the sunshine state except to go hunting. The Daytona area is just a neat place to live.

Capt Ahab

Bryan Young

Quote from: Shark Hunter on April 04, 2014, 04:52:30 PM
So you live in Florida Dwight? For some reason, I thought you lived in Cali.
That's because he's got guns like the guys on Venice Beach. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

BMITCH

Nice catch Dwight. Looks like a great day on the water. Thanks for the pic's.
luck is the residue of design.