6/19/2010 - grady white tournament

Started by alantani, June 29, 2010, 06:20:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

6/19/2010 - grady white tournament

the saturday before father's day is always the date for the fishing tournament hosted by the local dealer, central valley marine.  to say it's been a tough year for the dealership would be an understatement.  still, brett townsend hosted another tournament.  we actually have a salmon season this year, but the fishing has been tough.  to make matters worse, the weather for the day was supposed to be horrible.  more on that later.  for us, it's always been an opportunity to get all the guys together.  it's also one of the few times that i get to sample mom's sushi and teriyaki chicken!

four of us got end ties at the santa cruz harbor. to the left is my boat, eddie's brother, and to the right is frank's boat, cross phase.

behind us was another 248 and a 265 express owned by HMBJack.  

my crew consisted of my brother ed, ........

my nephew richie, .......

and my dad, yukio.  

the idea was to run north along the coast for 25 miles and fish an area between ano nuevo and the pigeon point lighthouse.  we ended up stopping short and fished an area called natural bridges, just 5 miles up the coast.  it was blowing pretty hard.  

richie was the lucky one on this day.  this ling won first place and enough money to pay at least half his rent for the month!

thanks to brett towsend and the staff and central valley marine!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!