Penn 420 CLOSED FACE

Started by jd944, April 04, 2014, 03:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jd944

I recently was willed two never fished Penn 420 closed face sinning reels. These are not 420SS reels. They are the type with a closed face and a thumb lever to release the line. Embossed on the bottom of the reel stand it says "assembled by Penn Reels with parts made in Japan". Does anyone have any information on these?

Bryan Young

I have never seen one of these reels.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

We must see pictures JD! Welcome. ;D
Life is Good!

Aiala

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Shark Hunter

You learn something new on here every day! ;D
Life is Good!

Ron Jones

That was actually the first reel I ever did "maintenance" on. I snagged some line in Oceanside harbor back in the late 70s and one of those was atached to the rod that came up. I blasted it out with a water hose, took the front cover off and went after it with the old mans brass brush (caught hell for that one,) put 12 pound Trilene XL (my favorite) on it and caught smelt and perch off the dock for the rest of the trip with it. I was up town compared to all my brothers who wer drop lining. The fact that the reel wouldn't spin the spool and I was basically drop lining also was besides the point! :D
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

jd944

That's the reel! When were they made? From the color, it looks like the sixties.