14/0 Double Dog!

Started by Shark Hunter, April 07, 2014, 05:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Looks awesome, Daron...
Isn't it funny that stainless steel to us is like diamonds to a woman, BLING! ;)
Catch that monster, bro
Dom

Shark Hunter

41 days! I'm on My Way! ;D
Life is Good!

floating doc

Quote from: Shark Hunter on April 09, 2014, 02:02:21 AM
41 days! I'm on way Way! ;D

Counting the days myself; planning to see these reels working.
Central Florida

Shark Hunter

They are Ready to Rock Doc! ;) I look forward to meeting up Buddy! ;D My Brother just bought a Nice Kayak too. So we will have Double The bait Haulers! I want to Hit it Hard that first week While I have my Team with me! That last week is just going to me and the Wife.
Life is Good!

Three se7ens

Quote from: Shark Hunter on April 09, 2014, 03:56:19 AM
They are Ready to Rock Doc! ;) I look forward to meeting up Buddy! ;D My Brother just bought a Nice Kayak too. So we will have Double The bait Haulers! I want to Hit it Hard that first week While I have my Team with me! That last week is just going to me and the Wife.

You planning on taking a 9/0?  I might have a few goodies that could use testing...

Shark Hunter

I wasn't planning on it Adam, But I hate to leave that seeker Classic at home! ;D Black Pearl is supposed to have his pinions ready for testing here soon. That will really be a Deciding Factor if I bring one or not, unless you have something Better! I dropped off Two of your shark handles you made me for engraving. I hope they don't screw them up! >:(
Life is Good!

floating doc

115L & 900H for me. I have a new half frame for the Penn, but haven't had time to work on it.
Central Florida

Shark Hunter

You have an alantani stack in that 900H? If so, just spool it with straight 80lb mono. I'll hook you up with a rig for it. By rig, I mean the Shark rig. You can only reel it in until it get to your rod, then Its time to leader him in! ;)
I think a VMC 16 Circle, 12' of 480lb cable and 20' of 400lb mono on a sliding trace. That should keep you busy if you hook a nice Blacktip or Bull. Those VMC hooks are needle sharp right out of the box.
If you don't get your 9/0 ready, don't sweat it, just bring the 900H. If it works out like I hope, we will all get at turn on the 12 and 14/0. ;D As long as we have bait, We will be set. There is a Huge Shark tournament every year in the Panhandle called the BHC. (Big Hammerhead Challenge) It runs from mid April to early May and there is all kinds of brackets and such. It was cancelled this year. Sorry for the guys that look forward to this, but it is good for us. May is the Migration. With the right baits, it will be non-stop. ;)
Life is Good!

floating doc

As for bait, I asked my friend to see if he can get us some heads.  Five pounds of grouper head might put out a nice scent. He lives and works in Crestview, so he's not that close to Destin, but he knows a lot of people that fish frequently.

The 900 came back from Bryan; he borrowed it for some measurements.  I had him swap out the smoothies for his greased multi-stack CF drag and add a Kolekar grip. I have the same parts for my 600H, but again no time. I want to use the Penn; I'll probably get it done at the last minute.

Central Florida

Mandelstam

Quote from: Shark Hunter on April 09, 2014, 12:54:29 PM

Why do I think shark rigs are soo sexy? Do I need help? Is there a shark-rig-lovers-anonymous? "Hi, my name is Karl, and I am a shark rig lover. I've never used one but I can't stop looking at them."

:)
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

Shark Hunter

Easy there Karl! ;) I forgot about your problem. ;D
Life is Good!

Robert Janssen

Why do I think shark rigs are soo sexy? Do I need help? Is there a shark-rig-lovers-anonymous? "Hi, my name is Karl, and I am a shark rig lover. I've never used one but I can't stop looking at them."

You are not alone. I used to make them in hopes of one day getting a chance to go try for porbeagle off our west coast. Never did happen*, but i still have those rigs  :-)

*and never will; i think they are a protected species here now

Mandelstam

Quote from: Robert Janssen on April 09, 2014, 10:01:44 PM

You are not alone. I used to make them in hopes of one day getting a chance to go try for porbeagle off our west coast. Never did happen*, but i still have those rigs  :-)

*and never will; i think they are a protected species here now

I guess I have to make a few myself. Just to get it out of my system. :)
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

Shark Hunter

I had to change the main gear due to clearance issues from steel to Brass. I couldn't take it any longer and swapped out the stock handle for a Keta Krank and Kokelar Grip. Now! It is Complete! ;D
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

This pic is for you Karl! I'm checking my rigs. I think I'm set for my trip. ;)
Life is Good!