Best Auto Wax for Annodized Aluminum

Started by Prefessa, April 08, 2014, 02:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prefessa

Guys:

I have had corrosion issures with aluminum Spools and folks (Jerry Brown Line One Website) reccomended automotive wax before spooling braid....

What is a good product for this?? Is Good Ole Fashion SIMONIZE any good...years ago my folks used it on aluminum window frames.

Keta

I don't know if it's the "best" but Johnson's Paste Wax worked to keep my steel rifles from corroding in the temperate rain forest of SE Alaska.  They were also exposed to saltwater.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

handi2

Because I use it on the boat I use Woody Wax metal sealant.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Bryan Young

I use 100% pure carnuba wax.  I like to put on 5 coats if possible.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Lensters

My son has a side business detailing saltwater boats and Collinite Fleetwax is by far the best wax for standing up to the salt.  I hadn't thought of trying it on reels but that is a good idea.
Lensters is also known as Len and will respond when addressed as either.

Disclaimer: My opinions, are mine and mine alone.  They should not be ascribed to Alan, moderators or anyone else on this site.  However, should you wish to, you may adopt them as your own.

Keta

Quote from: Lensters on April 08, 2014, 05:56:16 PM
My son has a side business detailing saltwater boats and Collinite Fleetwax is by far the best wax for standing up to the salt. 

Yup!
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

conchydong

Quote from: Bryan Young on April 08, 2014, 04:41:49 PM

This. I use Mothers brand.

Nuvole

silicon grease on the spool before the line for me.

Prefessa

Quote from: conchydong on April 08, 2014, 10:37:44 PM
Quote from: Bryan Young on April 08, 2014, 04:41:49 PM

This. I use Mothers brand.

I bought the Mothers Liquid Brazillian Carnuba Wax last night. I read that the paste and liquid are the same but the paste gives you more applications since its higher in carnuba. Since I am only doing reels....I bought the liquid for ease of application.

I hope I got the right stuff...