Halibut off Oak Bay BC April 07 '14

Started by whalebreath, April 09, 2014, 12:54:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whalebreath

Quite a successful day out with Blue Wolf Charters from Oak Bay Marina near Victoria BC.

55#

Turns out a Sea Lion liked the look of those fish in the water and while our backs were turned he chomped on the biggest one luckily all the stomping around we were doing aboard the boat must have scared him off.

A beautiful day in the neighbourhood

Mount Baker in the distance all dressed up in snow

Once the Halibut were done we started on the Salmon

Seals like Salmon too though

Mmmm Good!

The end of the day

seaeagle2

That's some nice looking fish, some of my more adventuresome friends have been running across the line from Edmonds, just north of Seattle.
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

Capt Ahab

alantani

very nice!!!  if this is your own charter company, please feel free to post some information about your charter operation in the "member's services" section!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

whalebreath

Quote from: alantani on April 09, 2014, 06:41:11 AMvery nice!!!  if this is your own charter company, please feel free to post some information about your charter operation in the "member's services" section!!!!

Glad everyone enjoyed the pics-it's not my company the owner does special rate trips for members of a BC based sportfishing forum to promote a local angler's advocacy group.

Ron Jones

Makes me home sick!!
Looks like a great day.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"