My new reel

Started by MFB, April 09, 2014, 06:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MFB

It's an alloy reel seat, got a few hits on this over the Easter weekend. Didn't land any on this setup though.

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Mandelstam

Quote from: Shark Hunter on April 25, 2014, 08:56:23 AM
I like your Cat Lee! ;)

Me too! It reminds me of something Tom Waits said once, "I'd rather have bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

:D

Karl

(Sorry for the hijack)
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

Irish Jigger

Thank's Karl,you do make me laugh ;D

Mandelstam

"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

MFB

That's hell funny ;D

Rgds

Mark
                                                   Isaac Walton

Serrations

Quote from: Mandelstam on April 25, 2014, 12:49:35 PM

It reminds me of something Tom Waits said once, "I'd rather have bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

Funny! Love that quote! I heard it over 35 years ago and I still laugh.

I contributed to the US economy as well. When I saw the SXJ I had to have it. I got the right hand single speed MC in silver. Loaded it with 80lb braid and tried it out for (freshwater) casting bucktails to Musky. My problem with so much repetitive casting, is the "Strike" position is too soft to find consistently without pushing it all the way to "Full". I am going to re-spool with lighter line, mount it on a St Croix 8' Wild River casting rod and take on some Lake Michigan "Kings".  I think it's a perfect little reel for Salmon.

MFB

Hell, I have 80lb braid on my 900H. Currently using sufix 20lb fused performance braid, but think I'll go back to the non fused type as I have read it's better for casting on conventional reels.

Rgds

Mark
                                                   Isaac Walton

erikpowell

I like your Cat Lee! ;)

Me too! It reminds me of something Tom Waits said once, "I'd rather have bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

Karl

(Sorry for the hijack)

I remember that from Dr. Demento show years ago on KMET.....Was that really Tom Waits that said that??
I have lots of Tom Waits records and never heard that one before.

again..sorry for the hijack  ;D ;D

Serrations

Quote from: erikpowell on April 27, 2014, 06:29:18 AM
I like your Cat Lee! ;)

Karl

(Sorry for the hijack)

I remember that from Dr. Demento show years ago on KMET.....Was that really Tom Waits that said that??
I have lots of Tom Waits records and never heard that one before.

again..sorry for the hijack  ;D ;D

Search "YouTube" for "Tom Waits on Fernwood Tonight" the quote is after his performance. That's where I first heard it.

Keta

It was originally from the 30's.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Serrations

Lee,
one of our former presidents said it best.

"The problem with internet quotes is proving their authenticity." (Abraham Lincoln)   :)

Keta

Yup, he was a smart man thinking well into the future.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain