Hi,

My contribution to the US economy ;D

Rgds

Mark

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

johndtuttle

Sweet little reel!

I've been meaning to get a hold of a Raptor to do a tutorial on one but ideally I need one well fished and I haven't the time to buy one let alone fish it hard. If someone reading this thread needs one serviced send it to me and I can bust out the tutorial in about a week total turn around then I'll ship it back to you insured.

regards

MFB

Hi John,

I'll keep that in mind, but haven't even got it wet yet. ;D

Rgds

Mark   
                                                   Isaac Walton

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

johnachak

Quote from: MFB on April 09, 2014, 06:39:35 AM
Hi,

My contribution to the US economy ;D

Rgds

Mark

SWEET!, Someday I am going to get one. Right now, I just can't do it after Ms. Sandy. I have to save for a new boat first.
Use it in good health! That really is one sweet looking combo (What I could see of it of course).

MFB

Hi John,

The rod is 4-6kg Composite Developments Albagraph light it's about 7' & has Alps guides & reel seat. These rods used to be made in New Zealand, but unfortunately production has now moved to China. Bought mine second hand & its a couple of years old, but looks like its hardly been used I think it maybe one of the last NZ made ones. I am planning on using this setup for slow jigging.

Rgds

Mark 
                                                   Isaac Walton

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

MFB

Hi Sharkie,

I don't think it's a raptor, just a two speed with MC cast control. Bought some 20lb Sufix performance fuse to spool it with.

Rgds

Mark
                                                   Isaac Walton

Bryan Young

Very nice. That rod and reel s punk like a reel fishing machine.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

johnachak

Quote from: MFB on April 10, 2014, 06:13:00 AM
Hi John,

The rod is 4-6kg Composite Developments Albagraph light it's about 7' & has Alps guides & reel seat. These rods used to be made in New Zealand, but unfortunately production has now moved to China. Bought mine second hand & its a couple of years old, but looks like its hardly been used I think it maybe one of the last NZ made ones. I am planning on using this setup for slow jigging.

Rgds

Mark 

Wow, I have never seen one of those before. The color match looks great with the reel. It reminds me of those Billionaires that have Reels anodized to match their boat colors. Then have custom rods built to match the reel and boat. Use it in good health.

MFB

Hi John,

My pockets aren't that deep ;D The standard colour for a left hand Avet is silver, anything else in LH is special order & more expensive. The  main reason I bought an Avet is for the left hand retrieve.

Rgds

Mark
                                                   Isaac Walton

anglingarchitect

I love that rod, especially the ss reel seat, looks like you found a Gem there.

SoCalAngler

Nice reel but yeah it's not a Raptor. The Raptors have a click plate for lever like the HX reels have.

Keta

Raptors are also a little harder to reassemble.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

The only Avet's I am familiar with are the bigger 80's. Only by sight. I don't own any. Forgive my Ignorance. 30 Lashes! :'(
I like your Cat Lee! ;)
Life is Good!