Penn Manual bail kit

Started by maxpowers, April 10, 2014, 08:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

if you look carefully inside the pick up you'll see something, i'll call it a "finger", that prevents the line from slipping out. the pick up on my 706Z seems to be bigger and more robust, reasons why i bought it, in comparison with penn's manual pick up for the SS.

btw i've used my Z with chunks and it has kept the line in the pick up while waiting for a bite... :)

Cone

I've heard the bail less reels are not good for off shore jigging. The line tends to come off the roller while jigging. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

definitely not for jigging, especially the japanese style...

Shark Hunter

Well, I guess I'm going to try the Manual bail setup. I have the other piece. ;D
Life is Good!

LTM

Daron,

What do those spool sleeves just behind the spinner to the right/in front of the cajun red (brass/sst) fit?

Leo

Shark Hunter

12 and 14/0. The 12/0 is stainless! ;D I already have the stainless one in the 14/0.
Life is Good!

Johnj67

anybody have any ideas on how to stop bail closures on these old ss models....has anybody found a kit?? do any of the Mitchell pum work..im looking for something for a 650ss and 750ss ???