Ocean City 112d

Started by Jerseymic, April 11, 2014, 02:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerseymic

Hi Guys,

Picked up this Ocean city recently, can anyone please tell me the approximate age, and why it has a British patent number WO854126 on the box when it is made in the U.S.A.?

Many thanks,

Mike.

Robert Janssen

I dunno. Didn't bother to read it. Could be a lot of reasons, such as a competing British manufacturer.

Addendum... oh, it says here that the drag can be varied by the user, via the handle. Neat. I'll have to read more about that later.

Jerseymic

Quote from: Robert Janssen on April 11, 2014, 05:22:18 PM
I dunno. Didn't bother to read it. Could be a lot of reasons, such as a competing British manufacturer.

Addendum... oh, it says here that the drag can be varied by the user, via the handle. Neat. I'll have to read more about that later.

Thanks for the info Robert, yes the drag seems a neat idea, back off on the handle and it releases the drag!

Big Tim

Ocean City, True Temper, Montague ... I saw an ad from 1958 that said the Starless drag is the First Great invention in drag control in 45 years...I believe they quit making this reel 1963-68? so I would guess 1958-63...Hope this helps. You may also want to try O.R.C.A. website, as they may be able to help on the patent.

Tim

Shark Hunter

Good Find Mike! That thing is a Dinosaur brother! ;D
Life is Good!

Jerseymic

Thanks guys, yes I thought it was a nice little find for not a lot of money.