Help to identify

Started by fsrmn, April 19, 2014, 01:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Quote from: bluefish69 on April 22, 2014, 11:28:01 PM
Ron
The only person lucky enough to get a Proto Type 114 N is Sal. He must pick them from the Clouds.
Mike
Why is everybody picking on my friend Sal?  He only has his head in a cloud.   ;D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Is there really such an Animal? a 114-N?
I checked the Clouds and didn't see one. ;)
Life is Good!

day0ne

Quote from: Shark Hunter on April 19, 2014, 04:53:32 AM
I don't know of a 114H with black plates.

I have seen some on ebay. Not many, but some. Supposedly somewhat rare.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Shark Hunter

What's your take on this typo plate dayone? I'm not talking a black 114H. I mean the mislabeled plate. Is there something more to this? No offense Bryan, but I don't buy your explanation. ;D
Life is Good!

Bryan Young

Quote from: Shark Hunter on April 23, 2014, 04:59:59 AM
What's your take on this typo plate dayone? I'm not talking a black 114H. I mean the mislabeled plate. Is there something more to this? No offense Bryan, but I don't buy your explanation. ;D
I never said I knew the answer.  It my guess based on the time period.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Like I said Bryan, No offense. That was a better answer than I had! ;D
Life is Good!

fsrmn

Still no response from the seller. I just might have to make the hour and a half drive to Naples to check it out in person. Although I found a Penn 9/0 in better shape than the 900h for about the same money. Decisions decisions ???

Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.

fsrmn

I never heard back from the seller. I guess the reel will remain a mystery.   So far I am 0 for 3 on  Craigslist. I missed the 900h, a 9/0 and a 10/0. The 10/0 was in mint condition for $180 and I  called 20 minutes after it was posted.  :'(

Shark Hunter

That too bad Bro! A Mint 10/0 is the Holy Grail!
You hang in there, persistence prevails! ;)
Life is Good!

Aiala

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

fsrmn

Yes, it's on my watch list. I'm afraid to think what the last minute bidding will take it up to. Last month l missed a 12/0 for $128 in the last seconds due to a slow server  :'(

Shark Hunter

I have been ignoring the fleabay lately. The prices of 9,10 and 12/0's has gotten pretty stupid!
Probably a fault of my own. :P I have enough to last me the rest of my life, but I refuse to pay what these people are asking. The 12 and 14/0 are still in production and still made in the USA!
I have 5 each of the 10's, 12's and 14's. I lost count on the 9/0's. :P
Life is Good!

fsrmn

If you ever decide to part with one of those 9 or 10/0 keep me in mind.  ;D