Broken cs drag star

Started by isurus, April 22, 2014, 10:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isurus

Hi all,

Does anyone know how the two pieces that comprise the cs series drag star are held together?  Glue??? 

Here is a pic of the pieces that I need to get back together (if possible).

Thanks!
-Jeff

Brendan

Bummer, I hope that's fixable. I have never even looked that closely at it and just had one apart multiple times. I'm sure Bryan knows how to deal with that. Good luck, Brendan.

Bryan Young

I've never had that happened before.  I'm sure a good epoxy would do though.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ron Jones

They glue car frames together with epoxy. I'm sure the right material is out there.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

isurus

Thanks, everyone.  I was thinking epoxy or maybe some cyanoacrylate glue.  Guess I will give them a shot.

On a somewhat related note, does anyone know if Randy Kao is still responding to his .aol email address?   I have emailed him a few times trying to get spare parts for this purple reel, but he hasn't been responding over the last few months.  Thanks!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: isurus on April 23, 2014, 12:35:26 PM
Thanks, everyone.  I was thinking epoxy or maybe some cyanoacrylate glue.  Guess I will give them a shot.

i recommend a >30 minute epoxy...

Bryan Young

Quote from: isurus on April 23, 2014, 12:35:26 PM

On a somewhat related note, does anyone know if Randy Kao is still responding to his .aol email address?   I have emailed him a few times trying to get spare parts for this purple reel, but he hasn't been responding over the last few months.  Thanks!
He will respond only if it's worth it...such as if you are purchasing a whole lot of parts, a whole lot of reels...  Best to contact Ken at Ken's Custom Reels in Oceanside for spare parts.  He seems to be the go-to place for ProGear parts.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D