Mangos are biting

Started by Newell Nut, April 26, 2014, 10:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

Despite losing most of my line to an unknown monster and throwing back 2 big red snappers, I still managed to put a couple mangos on the stringer. My buddy Eric managed to snag a few from up on the bow while I managed the stern. Elli also had a good day catching redeyes and triggers.

DaBigOno

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

erikpowell

You got smiling deckies again this trip Dwight! 

Nice catch man, that's good eats! .... and I can hear our mangoes splashing in the river as I write...for real  ;)

I'm gonna have to get in on some of that action when I get back in Oct...
and some sharking with Daron too...

Newell Nut

There is a spot on the boat for you anytime. What would be a pure adrenalin rush for you would be on one of the trips out to deeper water in the summer when they are feeding higher in the water. 4 guys can limit out in a couple hours
On the last trip we left the dock at 6 , caught 40 mangos, 4 cobia and 4 Ajs and back at the dock by 1. At that time the water is so clear we can even see them pick up the bait and run. ;D

Capt Ahab

That looks like some good fun! 

WTG man

Shark Hunter

Good Job Dwight! ;D
Maybe you need a 12 or a 14/0 with a Ray on the other end to show those Monsters who the Boss is! ;)
Life is Good!

Newell Nut

That may have worked out well. I was surprised at how fast the line was peeling off and that has never happened to me before. I hardly ever get more than a few feet pulled off on me. That is fishing though. You just never know what actually lurks on the bottom.