Alan T. Thank you for my $15 reel

Started by Big Tim, April 29, 2014, 03:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Right on Sal, seen the damage guns can do over the years.
Never seen anybody hurt with a fishing Reel.

Obviously, you guys have never seen my wife throw a 4/0!  :(
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Keta

Quote from: Irish Jigger on May 03, 2014, 01:20:40 PMNever seen anybody hurt with a fishing reel.

There must not be too many levelwind reels where you live.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

erikpowell

Quote from: Irish Jigger on May 03, 2014, 01:20:40 PM

Right on Sal, seen the damage guns can do over the years. >:(
Never seen anybody hurt with a fishing reel.

Quote from: foakes on May 03, 2014, 05:40:17 PM

LMAO.....  ;D ;D ;D     ;D

Big Tim

Quote from: foakes on May 03, 2014, 05:40:17 PM
Right on Sal, seen the damage guns can do over the years.
Never seen anybody hurt with a fishing Reel.

Stellar quite Fred  ;D ;D ;D What lake are you on...Courtright ? Hunnington ? Love the backdrop. Tim

foakes

Bridgeport Reservoir -- Eastern side of the Sierras -- 25 miles North of Lee Vining, on Highway 395.

We take the pickup & camper with my 15' Gregor -- camp at Paradise Shores right on the lake -- 30 bucks a night including all hookups, cable, & wi-fi, BBQs, fish cleaning station, showers, launch the boat and leave it in the water.  Only 28 spots, or so.  Wife loves the area too -- so that makes it really fun.

Also Crowley and the Twins are fantastic lakes -- 16 lb. Brown caught at Lower Twin last year.  Numerous fish caught in the 3 to 6 pound class.  I just like Bridgeport since it has less fishing pressure -- and I know the lake fairly well.

I have fished that area for 40 years from just North of Bishop all of the way North to Topaz.  Probably 200 small or large lakes and creeks either accessible by car, 4X4, or backpacking.  GOOD Fishing.  Rainbows & Browns predominantly.

On this side (Western Slope), I fish Shaver, Huntington, Courtright, Wishon, Florence, Edison, Mammoth Pool, as well as many High Country lakes accessible by backpacking.

For those of you not familiar with Tioga Pass going over the top of Yosemite to Bridgeport -- West to East -- it is possibly one of the most beautiful drives you will ever take.  Pass is 9945' -- good road -- just opened yesterday, about a month ahead of schedule due to a 30% of normal snowpack.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Big Tim

Fred: I love that area and fished there too...Crowley, Convict, June Lake loop Walker river, ect... Great fishing on that side...Not a bad Harley ride either.

Tim

Courtright is where we go 4 wheeling to the back side to get away from everyone every year...100 lbs. ago I used to backpack out of there to Hell for Sure pass and look down on the Eastern side of the Sierras

foakes

Today's fishing conditions and fishing reports from Ken's Sporting Goods -- Eastern Slope of Sierras in Bridgeport, California, 6600'.

http://kenssport.com/

Planning on heading over there in a couple of weeks.

--------

Fred O.