Alan T. Thank you for my $15 reel

Started by Big Tim, April 29, 2014, 03:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Alan: I found your web site thru a vintage Daiwa SLT30 purchase on eBay & started following certain threads on modifying old Penn reels which lead to to servicing that Daiwa and then to modifying a Penn 112H & you know the story! Now I'm tricking out a 113H for my son...Slippery Slope you called it...I should qualify myself..4 Years as a machinist in the Navy and 22 years as a master mechanic (Honda cars & Harley), so I can at least use my hands a bit, but these little reel parts will give you some GREY hairs (dog springs!!!)  ;D So being a guy that likes to tinker I purchased a box of broken Bass Pro return reels (all Penn's)...Fixed and sold the fixable ones, parting out the rest, but inside the box was the one reel I wanted, a Baja Special 113HN...After reading Alan's tutorials and making a few sales I have exactly $15.00 in this reel after purchasing the parts to fix it.

Thank you Alan T.

alantani

you need a 5/0 grip go to with it.  that addds another $36!  slippery slope indeed!  ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Big Tim

Quote from: alantani on April 29, 2014, 03:14:38 AM
you need a 5/0 grip go to with it.  that addds another $36!  slippery slope indeed!  ;D

;D ;D ;D Send it!!! Tim

alantani

Shark Hunter

$15 Bucks! You Dog! ;) I guess I should have lowballed you a little more on those 9/0 parts! ;D
Good Job Tim! 8)
Life is Good!

Big Tim

Quote from: Shark Hunter on April 29, 2014, 03:49:28 AM
$15 Bucks! You Dog! ;) I guess I should have lowballed you a little more on those 9/0 parts! ;D
Good Job Tim! 8)

;D ;D ;D

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

relax, guys.  it's a penn.  he'll find something else for sure that will have to be upgraded on it.  he's already going to need the extra bearing and the metal star.  at least it's not a regular senator.  they're almost as bad as ar-15's..... 

Shark Hunter

I'm just ribbing him Boss! ;) I know my way around both pretty well. ;D

Life is Good!

alantani

penns and ar's.  not sure which is worse....   ;D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

philaroman

...so, now you can upgrade to Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale  ;D

OldSchool

Well i guess if the Penn don't land it the AR will....

johnachak

I am jealous. I want one of those sooooooooo bad. I want it the way you got it. I attained 5 nice GTi's that way. The last one ate $43 in parts though. You are Wayyyyyy ahead.
John

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!