BREAKING NEWS: ALAN TANI VINDICATED/SF NOW GREASING BRIDGES

Started by Dominick, May 01, 2014, 02:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

In a late breaking news release San Francisco is now greasing the bolts on the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge (recently named the Willie Brown Bridge).  After years of expounding the greasing of screws on fishing Reels Alan Tani has been vindicated by the adaptation by the Bay Bridge authorities who are now greasing the bolts on the bridge to keep away salt water corrosion.  Mr. Tani could not be reached for comment before this post.  Dominick

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Caltrans-Installs-Grease-Cap-for-Bay-Bridge-Bolts-257395531.html
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Cone

Dominick, spoken like a lawyer!  ;)  I can tell this isn't your first press release.  :D  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

DaBigOno

:o

They should re-name the bridge to "alantani.com" Bridge
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

mhc

That's good news Dominick, I expect they are greasing the deck bearings as well, or TSI 301 if they are going to cast with it  ;D
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

kmstorm64

but in typical fashion SF chose to not follow Mr. Tani's se and instead of using Yamaha grease used some cheap knock off.
Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Keta

Former SF mayor, state assemblyman and un-convicted criminal.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

kmstorm64

Quote from: ML B on May 01, 2014, 05:43:55 PM
Quote from: alantani on May 01, 2014, 11:39:28 AM
williebrown got a bridge named after him?   :-\

who is Willie Brown? ;)

And the one individual that held up the safety of bay area residents for years so he could have a shiny bridge in the bay, and ran almost 7 times over project cost (over 6 billion dollars)
Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!

Dominick

Now now guys.  Part of the 12 year old rule is no politics.  Everyone can Google Willie Brown and make up their own minds about him.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

I thought he might have been kin to the Great Ernie Brown! The Turtleman! :P Live Action! ;D
Life is Good!

alantani

Quote from: Dominick on May 02, 2014, 02:40:13 AM
Now now guys.  Part of the 12 year old rule is no politics.  Everyone can Google Willie Brown and make up their own minds about him.  Dominick

dom, thanks for the reminder.  even i forgot about that one!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!