Knife photos?

Started by basto, May 01, 2014, 05:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cone

I've been known to leave my cell phone but never my knife. I don't feel dressed without one or two or three.  ;)  I don't normally buy high dollar knives. i would like to but finances just don't allow it. I carried switch blades for years. I still have some around somewhere. I now carry mainly assisted opening folders. They allow one handed opening without the shock value. I try to keep mine sharp too. I don't always succeed which is why I normally have more than one. I can use one and still have a sharp knife if needed. Bob 
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

fsrmn

That's why I carry a 3 bladed Uncle Henry. Not just because my name is Henry and my nephew gave it to me. The long pointed blade is kept as sanitary as possible and used for food and minor surgery like splinters. The blunt tip blade is my utility knife and the rounde d tip one is  a general purpose blade. I also keep a Buck 6" folder in my tackle box and a 4" Gerber in my lunch box. I always seemed to be in the process of sharpening my big hunting knife when the boys showed up to take out my daughters   ::)  :o ;D
Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.

Alto Mare

Quote from: alantani on May 22, 2014, 04:11:16 PM
ceramic stone for me, sharp enough to slice through an envelope (which it all it's used for anymore these days).  still, feels funny without it.  if i drive off without, there are only two things i will drive back for.  one is the cell phone, the other is the pocket knife.  i've had to go back several times for the cell phone, but never yet for the pocket knife.   ;D
;D ;D...is that a Katz?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

CapeFish

My pocket knife, Kershaw

MFB

From the top

Kilwell fillet knife made in Japan

Marttiini fillet knife made in Finland

Frosts bait knife made in Sweden

Leatherman wingman made in USA?

All have awesome blades especially the leatherman which I use on a daily basis for cutting anything, from conveyor belt to oranges.

Rgds

Mark

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

basto

I like the Frosts bait knife. I have  a Boker which is similar.
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Alto Mare

And here is my knife

This one hit me in the head as I was remodeling an older house today, it was between the roof rafters. I hope he didn't place it there for a reason. ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

raumati01

Just about finished my first knife, drop point hunter which hopefully will be helping add to my "frozen zoo" soon

MFB

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

raumati01

Cheers, what day will you be up next week?

Tiddlerbasher

The first photo is of my recently remodelled kitchen knives. One 9 inch the other 5 inch. They are both Suminagashi damascus steel blades made in Echizen city Japan.
I could never get along with the Sabatier type handle on the originals (last photo) hence the makeover. The large knife has a zebrano handle. The small one is curly (masur) birch. Oiled and carnauba wax finish. They are now a custom fit for my hand  :)

raumati01

Blooded my knife in the weekend, now to make myself a boning knife.

Tiddlerbasher

A newly finished creation  - A 9" blade Yanagiba knife - for sushi and sashimi.
Japanese Hitachi white carbon steel - Wa handle from curly birch with a small horn ferule.

Big Tim

something very special to me. In 1976 my dad met a man named Randy Jones in San Diego that bred Brittany Spaniels and purchased one from him only to find out it was the All Star pitcher for the San Diego Padres...I got to go with him to pick up the dog and meet Randy as well...In 1978 my dad got another dog through Randy and he asked me if I wanted to get on the field for the practice day before the All Star game, even tough he wasn't slated to play that year it was at the Murph in San Diego...Of course I went with glove in hand and wore my cleets...No batting practice but I did get to play catch with Randy and Steve Garvey, getting the head pats from the MLB All Stars and just watching was good enough. When my dad met Randy, he showed us a custom Buck Knife collection he had. (AMAZING). When I graduated #1 in my Machinist school in the NAVY 8-28-81 my dad went to Randy to ask about a custom Buck 110 for me. Randy Jones donated the European Stag Horn  that adorns this now beat up ol' knife of mine!!! Very Special. Never leaves my side or glove box.

redsetta

A lot of really nice tools and handiwork in here!
I haven't tried fabricating handles yet, but here's my contribution nonetheless.
Clockwise from top, the Cold Steel is a Japanese knife of the highest standard. This one gets used daily and is spectacular.
The three Gerbers (all Grylls) were gifts and are really functional and robust knives.
The larger one's been on a few hunting trips, but I've given away chasing deer these days.
The next two are Knives of Alaska and I can't say enough about this company and their products - really impressive.
These have seen a lot of use over 10-odd years and are the best filletting knives I've owned.
The dive knife is around 30 years old and doesn't see a lot of use these days - pretty much only for land-based kingie trips in the Coromandel.
The Victorinox is, naturally, one of the most practical tools ever made. I've had this one a number of years and it's top notch.

Righto - all the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer