not expecting any results but just in case.....quantum olympus help

Started by pcde123, May 03, 2014, 07:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcde123

i have a quantum olympus 60f , spinning reel with a broken part, its the part that connected the reel to the rod, part of the body assmbly
if u have it can i buy it off of you, this reel isnt popular but just in case, or how should i go about repairing the part my self?

johndtuttle

Quote from: pcde123 on May 03, 2014, 07:18:17 PM
i have a quantum olympus 60f , spinning reel with a broken part, its the part that connected the reel to the rod, part of the body assmbly
if u have it can i buy it off of you, this reel isnt popular but just in case, or how should i go about repairing the part my self?

Sounds like you have broken the "Reel Foot" off of the Stem on the Body.

Cannot be satisfactorily repaired to my knowledge. If Quantum does not have this part for you then look on ebay for a parts reel.

philaroman

check the specs on the next size up/down -- if the reel weight is close, then it's probably the same body with different rotor/spool...  i.e., 80 is probably same body as 60, just bigger spool/rotor & a couple ounces heavier

they come around pretty cheap, sometimes...  too bad you missed this -- new reel w/ no handle for $13, total:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quantum-Olympus-60-Spinning-Reel-NOS-OL-60F-J7-/301129612921?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item461cb93e79&nma=true&si=gb%252FFRs1tO4k5KcNdZyIR2uZgqkI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557