Started by alantani, July 11, 2010, 06:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Congrats on that Pig Randy. ;)
You Da Man!
Life is Good!

ez2cdave

Great catch, Mark !

Were you yelling "Wa-HOO" during the fight ?  (LOL)

Tight Lines !

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Shark Hunter on October 26, 2016, 12:44:25 PM
Congrats on that Pig Randy. ;)
You Da Man!

Thanks Daron and David and Lou.  I've always heard that it's better to be lucky than good, and I've been really lucky this year.

Randy

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Hamachi

Quote from: alantani on October 25, 2016, 06:35:17 PM
nice fish!

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on October 25, 2016, 05:19:19 PM

Just got back yesterday from a four day trip on the Red Rooster out of Puerto Vallarta.  It was a tough fishing with just 17 tuna for 18 passengers for three full days and nights of fishing.  There were only two hours of daylight left on the last day when I finally got my first (and only) bite.

Cowabunga dude! Nice cow Randy!
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

stoked4fishin

Way to go Randy!  Nice Cow!  Couldn't have happened to a better guy!

wallacewt

Decker

Did you win the pool?  What species of tuna is that?

ez2cdave

Quote from: Decker on October 27, 2016, 01:43:49 PMWhat species of tuna is that?

Looks like a Yellowfin Tuna to me.

Tight Lines !

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Decker on October 27, 2016, 01:43:49 PM

Did you win the pool?  What species of tuna is that?

Thanks Tom, Warren, Jeff and Wallace.

Decker, ez2cdave is right, it's a yellowfin tuna.  It was second in the pool at 214 lbs.  The pool was won by a 254 lb. fish. 

The next group on the boat also experienced tough fishing, but they did catch a 308 lb. yellowfin and several others over 200 lbs. 

If you want to load up your freezer and your neighbor's too, then you would probably be better off on a traditional long range trip, but if you don't have two weeks to spare and you want a good shot at your personal best yellowfin, I think that Puerto Vallarta is a great option, and if you have five days door to door, you can enjoy three full days and nights (the best bite is sometimes in the dark) of fishing. 

The Red Rooster will probably not be making any more Puerto Vallarta trips until late 2017, but there are many other great options for multi-day trips.  I have had great experiences on the Apollo and I know that Alan really enjoyed his trip with the Osuna brothers.  I have heard good things about the Success.  Do your research before deciding upon which boat would work best for you.

Randy

Decker

Beautiful fish!   Long range trips (and all tuna trips) are currently out of my range, but I can binge-watch Wicked Tuna ;D  Thanks for sharing your adventure!

Bill B

Congrats on that fish....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

alantani

this young man will need an understanding wife!  he's off to a fast start.  as handsome as he is, though, i don't think he'll have a problem finding one!

Quote from: broadway on November 15, 2016, 06:56:38 PM

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Hey Dom the kid made photo of the month without holding a fish.  How about that.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bill B

Thats definitely Cool Beans material... ;D ;D ;D  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!