photo of the month

Started by alantani, July 11, 2010, 06:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

very innovative!

Quote from: Three se7ens on September 24, 2013, 03:06:27 AM

The drag washers are carbon fiber laminated with a high temp epoxy that's stable to 330 degrees.  Thickness is the same as the original metal washers at 0.030".

I have similar washers in my okuma spinning reels, and the drag is certainly capable of exceeding the structural limits of those reels, but when fished at normal drag levels, the drag is very smooth and progressive.

A set of 5 carbon washers will be $10 shipped in the US.  If you are unsatisfied for any reason, just return them for a full refund, including original shipping charges.  Pm me to order.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

broadway

Alan,
    Which reel are these octagonal, epoxied, carbon fiber drags for?  I'm assuming these are for Alan C's hex gears :-\
Thanks,
Dom

Dynamo

Quote from: broadway on September 24, 2013, 03:49:09 AM
Alan,
    Which reel are these octagonal, epoxied, carbon fiber drags for?  I'm assuming these are for Alan C's hex gears :-\
Thanks,
Dom

Hello, the washers are for the Penn spinfisher reels, specifically the 7500 model, I think.

OSIRIS631

Sometimes your the dog and sometimes your the tree.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

i'm absolutely sure it's compulsive " organizer"  ;D

bluefish69

I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Shark Hunter

That looks like a pretty sweet setup!
Life is Good!

BMITCH

I wouldn't be able to find a thing in all that organization! :D
luck is the residue of design.

broadway

Somebody has some serious dough ...and lots of time ;)
That is a beautiful thing!
Awesome,
Dom

Alto Mare

Quote from: broadway on October 06, 2013, 02:39:13 PM
Somebody has some serious dough ...and lots of time ;)
That is a beautiful thing!
Awesome,
Dom
Look who's talking ::) ;D.
When is that custom cabinet of yours getting done? how long do you want to keep us in suspense? :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

Sal,
   Can't believe you remembered that. That cabinet you speak of is still being made and was promised to be in my house by Christmas. It's been almost 2 years in the making. My friend/art teacher who is Arizona iced teas resident artist has been working on it between projects for them.  Dying to see it and have been patient, but my girl is complaining about no space in the kitchen because I have my reels in the cabinets (safest place I could find;)
All I was told was its made out of walnut that's over 1 1/2" thick and has led lights built in. I have no idea what he's got going on with it other than that.
As soon as it comes I will post photos for sure.
Now all I need is more reels to fill it up ;)
Thanks
Dom

bluefish69

Dom

Your friend didn't say what year the Cabinet would be finished. Did he give you a time limit between 2 - 6 yrs?

Mike 
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

broadway

Mike,
   That's what my girl says, but I understand why. Have you ever had a can of Arizona joe DiMaggio espresso or the jack Nicklaus Arizona drink? He drew them amongst doing many other jobs for the owners personal homes, distribution centers, headquarters, etc.
here is the link to his website(not updated in years). He's been an artist, teacher, sculptor, etc. until within the past three years started with Arizona and opened his own art school. He's my best friend and busiest man I know (like sal)
Lampasona.com
Hope this answers your questions ;)
Ps- I am dying to get this thing, but good comes to those who wait.
Thanks
Dom

alantani

nice photo.  dwight's got the right idea.  always check your drags on a scale!!!!!!   

Quote from: Newell Nut on October 22, 2013, 02:53:27 PM

In the previous post I cautioned against trying the heavy test with a 4.6 or 5.5 spool since the spindle is thinner than a 3.2 but I wanted to know SO I tested it.

Reel: Newell S533 5.5 with Tiburon NK kit and Bryan's 5+1 stack drags, 40 lb momoi diamond with San Diego Jam knot with 3 wraps.
Rod: Custom Stroker by Witch Doctor Tackle

The dumbbell was turned correctly so you can see I had a full 40 lb drag test with no slippage. I backed off the drag and pulled across the yard with rod horizontal at 30 lb of drag and it was smooth.
I disassembled the reel after the test and found everything normal. I taped the mono down and spun the spool and it ran for 45 seconds so no damage to the spindle.

Newells can be tanks too. The NK will hold 270 yds of 40 lb mono.

Bryan, I used your thin washer on top instead of the recommended stock washer just to make sure I cleared the side plate on assembly. Worked great.

Don't try this at home. It is already done for you so load and fish.
Dwight
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!