Curado A-R bearing

Started by Jes301, May 05, 2014, 01:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jes301

???  Been having problems with the A-R bearing squeaking cause of rust, I clean and apply a thin coat of grease on the roller relying on the super stopper for  it from slipping . The super-stopper not really doing it job the A-R BEARING is slipping, I've clean and remove the grease the best that I can. Took it out fish and tryed it again it seemed like it was good for an hour and then it started slipping again, I've remove  and seen that there was still grease in the a-R BEARING. WHAT the best way to clean it to remove the grease or is it better to replace it?

Keta

Spray break cleaner works but if it's rusty it's best to replace the bearing.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Zimbass

Read this sticky............http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=7593.msg64877#msg64877

Never had one that failed after cleaning, and lightly oiling. NO GREASE !!
Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

Bryan Young

if it's rusty after cleaning, I would replace it.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

johndtuttle

Yea, once rust is in there you can try once to rehab it. If if fails after that you really need to replace it.

The smooth chrome finish on the rollers is essential to smooth operation and grab. Once they get pitted you're done with that bearing.

Jes301

Hey guys thanks for all the help! The rust was from lack of caring n maintenance as I can no Chrome pulling off rollers. I've use the quantum real grease on it . I clean the a-r pretty good first time the second time a very light rusty color in the grease came off the roller third time I clean it not rust but still greasy film was still there .. I'm gonna give it a try with removing the housing n break clearer.. thanks guys!

Bryan Young

I use TSI321 on my ARBs and have not had a problem with rust or slipping.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D