Trolling Good Will

Started by kmstorm64, May 05, 2014, 10:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmstorm64

I have to admit it, I have an addiction for trolling Good Will, Savers, St. Pauls's, and any other 2nd hand store.  I think it started with my dad taking me to junk yards as a kid.  Some of great finds:  A West marine Foul Weather Suit for $19.99 retail at West $329, hell of a deal!  Cuisinart Food Processor with spare bowl and extra blades $20.00 retail about $300.  Various knives to make knife handle jigs $.10 each.  Coleman Kerosene Lantern $3.00.  I make my "bungee" kayak lanyards out of old 12volt telephone chargers 1.00 each.  Cast Iron pan's, find them too.  For me these places are an adventure waiting ot happen.

But the best is yet to come... GF was doing a Fondu for 10, and her brother was supposed to bring his pot with him and his family.  Alas he said, his was broken when he arrived.  GF  was quite upset, she saw a ruined dinner, lucky for her, I noticed the GW not far from her dad's house was open on a Sunday.  I told her to give me the keys to the car.  I drove their and came back with not 1, but 2 fondu pots.  1 of which had never been used.  GF was happy, but she asked me "how did you know there would be a fondu pot in the GW?"  I told her it is one of the universal truths of the universe, there is always a slightly used fondu pot inthe GW!
Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!

josa1

Great story!  Thank goodness for Good Will.  They pass along things we no longer want or need to people to do, and in the process help a lot of folks!  Josa1

floating doc

I'm with you on this. A lot of my families clothes are used. We are close to a GW and browse the store regularly. Sometimes I will hit a pawn shop aand and score. Usually the local pawn shops are way over priced, but I recently picked up a 9/0 for $20.
Central Florida