saltiga 50t parts

Started by cmaraj1, May 08, 2014, 02:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmaraj1

im looking for a clutch lever for the saltiga 50t stardrag model , mines is bendt and has alot of play in it...
where can i find this part?

alantani

i just had to replace one.  call daiwa, 562-375-6800.  they're about $10.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

cmaraj1

is it an easy fix? also do u think i should get any other parts other than the lever to fix my problem?
thanks for the reply alan

alantani

the lever alone should do the trick.  hopefully the problem is the lever and not the side plate.   :-\

cmaraj1

ok cool.. also how much for the drag upgrade, and how much for the tool to take off the handle?
sorry for all the questions, this is my only conventional that i have and i want to get it back in action asap....

alantani

use a penn wrench and a carbontex drag set from smoothdrag.  don't forget the cal's grease. 

cmaraj1

ok one more question????
will the penn wrench work on a dawia sealine 900h ???

alantani

no, i think the penn wrench is just a little bit too small.  a shimano wrench for the tld 20/25 will work for sure, though. 

cmaraj1

cmaraj1

hey alan, jus call diawa to order the clutch lever , and they quoted me at
47.20 for the part....plus 10 for shipping?
i told her they were about ten bucks but she said no its 47.20
any ideas.......... ???

alantani

i dunno...  i ordered a lever for a star drag saltist 30T for $10.  i can't imagine why the saltiga would be 5 times as expensive.   

cmaraj1

do u think the saltists clutch lever is the same as the saltiga? do they look the same??

cmaraj1

ok alan i took the clutch lever off and it looks good not bent or crack or anything,
the washer looks in good shape. the side plate is in good shape too,  what else?
am i annoying you yet