Tools

Started by DCrosen, May 09, 2014, 06:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCrosen

I hope to buy some of Alan's neat tools like the grease packer set soon and I'll see what else I can find.

alantani

got a bearing packer and a penn wrench!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

DCrosen

I have a Penn wrench. How much is the bearing packer and do you still sell the needle and adapter set?

DaBigOno

Quote from: DCrosen on May 09, 2014, 09:43:07 PM
I have a Penn wrench. How much is the bearing packer and do you still sell the needle and adapter set?

Do you have one of these Penn wrenches??

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=164.0

DC, if you don't have one of these, many here certainly vouch that this is the way to go if you work on Penn reels.  One of the best ways I spent $15 on.

I would also recommend the mini bearing puller by Reelspeed if you can find it.

http://reelspeedsouth.com/reelspeed-3mm-bearing-puller/
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Shark Hunter

Yes, But do you have Alan's penn wrench? There is no comparison. It will take off the stubbornest of handle nuts! ;D
It is Heavy Duty!
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

your parts are multiplying like bunnies.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Those rabbits got all used up! ;D I'm waiting on Lee's hand to heal before I put another order in. ;)
Life is Good!

DCrosen

No I don't have Alan's wrench. Mine is a long wrench with different size holes for different reels. I don't plan on working on Penns as of now. I will mostly buy lots of broken reels, mainly low profile reels for now. After the replies I got about my lubricants question, I probably don't need the packer for now. Most of the reels I will repair will more than likely be used in fresh water so most of the bearings can be oiled. I will ask the buyer to make sure. Shark Hunter, what are those other tools in the pic?
DC

Shark Hunter

Stainless Senator Handles. A Guy her named Lee makes them. His screen name is Keta. We just call them Keta Kranks. ;D
Life is Good!