70 drag lever???

Started by Keta, May 10, 2014, 03:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

I have a Int. 70 that functions well but the drag lever will not go past the free spool detent.  The detent is free but the reel lever only goes 1/3 of the way over it.  Any ideas on what I did wrong?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Tightlines667

Lee,

Sounds to me like the eccentric cam may have been installed backwards (180 deg off)?  May need to break apart the right side plate and ensure that the cam follower (141-70) is seated properly in within the eccentric  cam (19-70), and that this subassembly is seated correctly within the cam housing in the right side plate.  Also, double check that the 2 cam thrust washers (4-70), and Teflon cam washer (4a-70) are in their proper locations.  Try assembling the right side and check the lever travel and function.  I actually havn't worked on the 70s yet, but I have heard of problems with the cam binding within the housing on these models.  Ensure that the cam subassembly rotates freely and functions properly within this housing.  Not sure what else it might be?
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Keta

Thanks, as soon as I get the cast off I'll check it out.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain