2014 Florida Alligator Hunt

Started by Cone, May 10, 2014, 04:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cone

i just logged on to myFWC.com to check. A box popped up saying I was selected. I got phase 1 in Santa Rosa County. Now I need to get my ducks in a row! I have put off checking because of being unsuccessful last year. I just wanted to share my joy.    Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Shark Hunter

Bob, Maybe you should change your name to Gator Hunter! ;)
Life is Good!

Dominick

Yea! Alligator steaks... Good luck Bob
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Cone

As long as my name isn't skunked!  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Cone

Lee, I only got two. I wish they issued them like the do in Louisiana. The only way I could get extra tags would be in Phase 3. If any tags are left you can buy them first come first served. There are never any left in this area.  :(  Two is better than none any day.  Bob

ChileRelleno

Wishing you some seriously bloody decks...  Choot'em!  ;D
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Shark Hunter

Choot! Choot! :D
Do the Alligator Shuffle ;) Troy and his Grandson.
Life is Good!

john2244

Good luck Bob!!!  I am looking forward to some pics.
John

DaBigOno

Go get 'um Bob!   We're cheering for ya
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Alto Mare

Go get'em Bob ;) I want to see some pictures. Keep your hands and feet out of the water and be safe, we need you around here. Good luck buddy!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

fsrmn

They have gator hunting year round here in Florida but it's a bit expensive. Here are prices from one outfitter, Outwest Farms.

Alligator Hunting Price Packages

Alligators hunting size break down
•+13 feet $10,000.00
•11-12 feet $4,500.00
•9-10 feet $2,000.00
•6-8 feet $1,050.00
•4-5 feet $550.00
 You can hunt gators and hogs at the same time  :o  ;D

Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.

LTM

Good luck hunting Bob, I like alligataor meat! There's a place here in LA that sells Cajun cooked gator dishes, ummm ummm!

Leo

borchcl

A gator eating a pig? Them gator aren't all bad!

Cone

Thanks for the support! We have a good deer and hog population in the swamps. They both are on the menu for the gators along with racoon, fish and possum among other things. I did go with a friend last year as a trappers agent. We played with a few but he was looking for a bigger one so we didn't harvest any. He did have one at his shop to mount for a client. It was 12 foot and change. I believe it was over 700 lbs. I can't wait for the sleepless nights and mosquitos.  ;)  ;D  Bob