Jeweling bridge - Jigmaster .

Started by Mattman NZ, May 11, 2014, 09:17:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Makule

That "jeweling" is the same that Pfleuger Atlapacs had. Those were the top of the line for Pfleuger.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Bryan Young

Beautiful.  Too bad you have to open the reel to appreciate it.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ron Jones

He'll appreciate it the next time he opens it and all the lube is still in place. That is the true functional advantage of engine turning.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

raumati01

Very nice work there Matt ,what did you make of the gears in it when you opened it up? And any reassembled pics yet?

Irish Jigger

Quote from: Bryan Young on May 12, 2014, 04:22:19 AM
Beautiful.  Too bad you have to open the reel to appreciate it.

How true.
Maybe someone else will open it sometime and get a surprise.

Mattman NZ

Quote from: raumati01 on May 12, 2014, 07:36:51 AM
Very nice work there Matt ,what did you make of the gears in it when you opened it up? And any reassembled pics yet?
Thanks guys - The accuplate framed one had chrome over steel and the spare had brass and both had
the updated Ht 100 drag washers - one brass and the spare had stainless washers. I tried the chromed main gear and it seemed kind a noisy. Id like to countersink the stainless domed reel seat bolts inside the accuplate frame - about 1.5mm maybe 2mm and get the frame re anodised - I might even have a go and do it myself .Nothing like a good challenge aye. The delmar arrived this afternoon and its very similar to the rare 286 with the stippled side plates. Cheers.
Matt...

Newell Nut

Amazing what we can create when we get bored and have energetic hands and creative minds.

Wolli

jewelling-tools you can get in gun repair shops or e.g. from
www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/general-gunsmith-tools/jewelling-tools-accessories/damascening-tool-prod8870.aspx
love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

Mattman NZ

Hi guys I opened up the Delmar 285 today and this is what I found.lol. funny thing none of the parts had numbers on them not even the bridge . I gave it a good clean and decided to make up a smaller tool - just over 4mm and jewel everything .

And after 150+ drops with the tool between 5 to 8 sec per drop it took just over an hour .With no skip between rows and with a slight overlap in parallel the scale changes from right to left at a 45deg angle insted of straight up and down.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

TechTeach

I may have to do this now......  ;D
"Where's that damn dog spring??????"

Fish-aholic

Looks great after the effort you've done there!  :o

Thanks for sharing.

Mattman NZ

Quote from: TechTeach2530 on May 14, 2014, 06:20:09 PM
I may have to do this now......  ;D
Give it a go Tech and post your success pics in here its really easy to do - drill press and a cheap compound vice and i've even heard of guys doing it freehand.I've done a few Mauser bolts 20+
years ago and they still look nice done with a homemade wire - stainless works best for harder metals and a dryer cutting compound.

Alto Mare

You do some beautiful work Matt, if shipping wasn't that crazy, I would send you a couple of stainless steel bridge to do for me. Keep it up my friend.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Rothmar2

Something else to have a go at for the 6/0 I'm doing.
Very nice work.