Found another place to use carbontex drags! (on the lighter side :)

Started by broadway, July 14, 2010, 05:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Hey Crew,

Being a single, 34 year old, fisherman living in downtown Manhattan NYC I have found another great use for Mrs. Dawn's famous Carbontex drag washers.  Last night I was engaging in some late night naughtiness with a fine, spirited vixen and could not get the bed to stop squeaking...Damn Bed! Obviously, we had to move our activities elsewhere.  Well, this morning I checked out the problem, and there's a tiny gap between the headboard and the platform that I guess over time has stripped the set screw and now rubs (not to pat myself on the back or anything:)   I grabbed a metal washer but all were just a fraction to big so I went to the Carbontex...Homerun!!! No more squeaking...look out ladies;)  This is a 100% true story...Thanks Dawn your a lifesaver!
Dom

Irish Jigger

I hope you applied a little Cals grease for smoother performance!

broadway

Jigger,
     If it needs it I will, but it looks like my wood is just fine ungreased...though, ya never know ;)
Dom

Dawn

Dawn

broadway

Dawn,

If you need me to do a commercial for ya...I'll take one for the team ;)

Norcal Pescador

Attention, All Vendors!  Stand by for orders of washers, greases, and oils!

Dom, stay away from the Johnson-Evinrude grease - it's too sticky.  And don't start taking drag washers out of your Senator collection to "fix" things.

Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

broadway

Norcal,

Sounds like you may be speaking from experience on the "Johnson Grease." I'll get anew bed before I take 'em outta my collection ;)
Dom

nelz

Gee, I never knew how entertaining a reel repair forum could be! LOL :D

Phinaddict

Not to highjack the thread here, but I thought since someone mentioned Johnson outboards......

The Two Rules of Success:
1. Don't tell everything you know

broadway

I like where this topic is going  ;) That was hillarious and that girl is smokin' hot!  I know why they changed the name to Evinrude, LOL!
Dom

dales33

seems like an expensive use for carbontex, i fixed mine with a second hand tyre inner tube :P
lol

broadway

Hey Dale,
      It's not that bad when you figure it into the dinner/drinks bill...on second thought maybe I can write that off as a home improvement (at least my neighbors will agree if not the IRS  :D
Dom