What can I do with these 5.1 gears

Started by Marcq, May 11, 2014, 10:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcq

Bought them for my Jigmaster from a seller on ebay and they suck  >:(  I guess  you get what you pay for  ::) Is there  any ways I could fix that, I'm not sure what's wrong with them but would not be surprised that the pinion gear is the culprit

Marc..

alantani

send them back.  there has been an ongoing discussion and i'm not sure if there is a resolution.  keep an eye out for alan chui's gear sets.  they have to be "sal" tested and approved first. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Marcq

I should have sent them back a long time ago, don't think he will take them back, oh well  :(

I'll keep an eye open for the real deal

Thanks, Marc..

Alto Mare

Those have already been tested on the jigmaster and did great. They're trying something to improve them on the 112H.
Here is some info that I didn't tell you guys or Alan Chui, before I destroyed them in the 112H I pushed the jigmaster gears to 32lbs and they still did good. This was done by pulling the line, not by turning the handle while pulling the wagon.
I was impressed.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Quote from: Alto Mare on May 11, 2014, 11:02:05 PM
Those have already been tested on the jigmaster and did great. They're trying something to improve them on the 112H.
Here is some info that I didn't tell you guys or Alan Chui, before I destroyed them in the 112H I pushed the jigmaster gears to 32lbs and they still did good. This was done by pulling the line, not by turning the handle while pulling the wagon.
I was impressed.

I bought a set of Alan's early gears last week and I feel safe using them in my reel because I'm not going to push it that hard.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

pcde123

paypal and ebay work a system for a 45 day garuntee buyer protection. ask the seller for a refund, if not to go paypal open up a dispute, escalate it to a claim and let paypal fix it for you, chances are you will be required to return it in the end. but if the seller doesnt respond to them claim within 10 days you automatically get your money back, no returns needed

Marcq

Quote from: pcde123 on May 12, 2014, 12:32:13 AM
paypal and ebay work a system for a 45 day garuntee buyer protection. ask the seller for a refund, if not to go paypal open up a dispute, escalate it to a claim and let paypal fix it for you, chances are you will be required to return it in the end. but if the seller doesnt respond to them claim within 10 days you automatically get your money back, no returns needed
Bought it in January, my bad, but will ask him anyway

Thanks, Marc..

Alto Mare

Quote from: Keta on May 11, 2014, 11:31:54 PM
I bought a set of Alan's early gears last week and I feel safe using them in my reel because I'm not going to push it that hard.
Exactly, no one should push them that hard. We were trying to make a jigmaster a 20lb reel, I believe we're there.
I push the gears to the limit, if Alan says break them, I try to make him happy. One of the set failed in the 112H, I told Alan there was no need to destroy another set, he said he wanted to see it a second time, just to make sure.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

kmstorm64

Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!