SS Newell Sleeves Beware

Started by Newell Nut, May 13, 2014, 12:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

Guys

Before you jump too fast on the SS sleeves on ebay you need to know that the 500 sleeve is longer than a 400 sleeve. He is advertising the sleeves fit both the 400 and 500 and they are not the same.

I am currently testing some beautiful SS sleeves that will be made by one of our own members so sit tight and the production run will be ready soon.
Currently testing the 600 series and the fit is better than the originals.

Dwight

Black Pearl

Quote from: Newell Nut on May 13, 2014, 12:09:46 PM
Guys

Before you jump too fast on the SS sleeves on ebay you need to know that the 500 sleeve is longer than a 400 sleeve. He is advertising the sleeves fit both the 400 and 500 and they are not the same.

I am currently testing some beautiful SS sleeves that will be made by one of our own members so sit tight and the production run will be ready soon.
Currently testing the 600 series and the fit is better than the originals.

Dwight

That Ebay seller is the same guy who is selling the PENN 113H gear set as Bugconnection. I guess that he created a new Ebay account....

Frank

Thanks for the heads up guys.

How about a sneek peek Dwight?
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: Frank on May 13, 2014, 09:50:11 PM
Thanks for the heads up guys.
How about a sneek peek Dwight?

X2, yes how about it Dwight?

Newell Nut

600 series, the next ones are going to be cut flat to the sprocket to install under gear drags.

Frank

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

"reely" nice, thanks for sharing...

Keta

Would a change in the tips of the AR dog drawings be a good idea or not?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Newell Nut

I don't see a reason to change the tips. They lock in perfectly with both the original and the new sleeve.

Frank

Newell Nut

Tom had told me he had a big backlog and I have not heard any news yet. I will send a PM and ask.

Bryan Young

Tom is now on vacation. Not sure when he will be back.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Frank

Oahutaco

Are the SS sleeves being sold on ebay under the name "bite" the ones you are talking about?
Good thing I saw this thread, I was just about buy some from him.
Dwight please keep us updated.... I will be need a few for my 400 & 500 series Newell's.

Thanks. Jt
Do my reels make me look PHAT?

Newell Nut

Those on ebay came out about the time Tom was gearing up to make some and now he is not so sure he wants to make any more so Tom will have to comment when he decides which was to go. We were only testing the 600 series but changing the machining to cut 500s and 400s would be rather easy I think.