Fresh water Revo reel info

Started by GeorgeN, May 16, 2014, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeN

A friend of mine wants me to go through his reels for some cleaning and lubing.  He uses Shimano Curados, which I have taken down and cleaned/lubed before, but I have never had a Revo apart or worked on one.  Does anyone have any resources that would show me how these reels come apart, are cleaned and lubed and buttoned up again?  I am not sure of what model he has, but I know that he has had the revo for a couple of years and that he purchased it new.  I am very comfortable working on most shimano reels, but the revo is uncharted territory for me.  I told him to bring the schematic with him so I can at least have some guidance.  Anyone who has worked on these reels would be a great help to me.  Thanks, George Santee, CA

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

GeorgeN

Thanks very much Alan.  I received the two reels today, a Curado, and the Revo and I will be starting service on them Monday morning.  I will keep you posted on how the work goes.  George Santee, CA  :)

GeorgeN

Alan,  I was able to successfully go through the Revo and your information was key.  The owner of the reel is very satisfied.  I informed him about the drag upgrade that is available for the reel and left the decision up to him as to whether or not he wants me to get the parts and make his drag stronger.

Thanks Again for all the support, George Santee, CA