Ardent Reel Supreme

Started by DCrosen, May 20, 2014, 01:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCrosen

I wanted to just share about some lubricant that I recently bought on ebay before I got onto this web site and this thread. I had other lubes before I bought it, but decided to buy it to have as my best lube. I have since bought the Corrosion X Reel Oil and Rocket Fuel too. I now have several to choose from. It is Ardent Reel Supreme Microlubricant with Corrosion Inhibitor. It says on the front: "30% Greater Friction Reduction than Oil" "100% Waterproof" "Inhibits Corrosion" "Fills in Pores and Bonds Instantly" "Ultimate Lubrication Benefits" On the back it reads " Ardent Reel Supreme Microlubricant is a liquid containing dry lubricant with an anti-corrosion additive. It dissolves grease, oil and salt on contact. It removes contaminants and debris from the metal and fills the pores of the metal with microlubrication particles that are slippery, waterproof and more stable than grease or oil. Reel Supreme is easy to use: Simply open the reel so you can see the gears and bearings, apply to all moving parts, then turn the handle to actuate all friction surfaces". I just wanted to see if anyone had heard of it. It sounds good, but it is very expensive. Around $15.00 for .25 oz applicator.

Fish-aholic

I've not tried the fore mentioned lube, but at a cost of $15 for a quarter of an ounce of lubricant, I wont be either.  :-\

If you didn't know, you can now purchase TSI 321 in 4oz sized bottles from Dawn at Smoothdrag. You could have 16x the amount of lubricant with TSI and still have change from $15. This makes it a no brainer for me.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=10600.0

Fish'

alantani

yeah, the tsi 320 and 321 have been golden.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

johndtuttle

Maybe they got crafty and are repackaging TSI 321  ;D.

On a more serious note, Ardent stuff is generally pretty good if mostly targeted to freshwater guys. Just using a few drops here and there may seem not a big deal even if it's pricey. Big reels use a lot more and ~$10 for 4oz of TSI is a bargain that will go a long way.