Stainless dogs 1st attempt

Started by Mattman NZ, May 20, 2014, 09:33:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

More nice work!

Quote from: Irish Jigger on May 23, 2014, 01:01:20 PM

Cut a bit off your Eccentric Spring,it's damaging  the Jack.

I file the end of the springs off so they do not protrude out of the eccentric.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Mattman NZ

Hi guys the eccentric jack i used in the pic was a spare part just to see if everything fitted ok and I must say i take my hat off to the people who work with stainless steel - its not only hard - its hard on tools and my fingers hurt like hell .lol. All done and it works like a charm. ;D

Ron Jones

I tell you what, I bet you can't spin that handle backwards! Nice work.
Definitely time for a stainless sleeve.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

another wow ! just amazing... 8)

raumati01

Superb job there Matt, is that going into the accurate?

Btw when you pxted me the photo that is your avatar i showed it to the guys at work and they were as stoked for you as I was.

Mattman NZ

Thanks Raumati01 - yep that was the 1st Kahawai or (sea salmon ) ive caught in over five years since my accident and being in a wheelchair doesn't help but it couldve been alot worse. Just hope im on my feet before christmas because ive got some catching up to do .lol. ;D

erikpowell

I'm probably Wow number 50  ;D ;D 
Seriously Mattman, that is superior  8)
Nice work man.

raumati01

Don't wash that CAT cap mate, I washed my penn hat the other weekend, seven years on the boat and at work and one trip into the washing machine and the back fell apart. Gutted

Mattman NZ

Thanks Erikpowell and hows the fishing up your neck of the woods ? and Raumati the triple bridge is in the Accurate frame and even having two springs and three dogs it spins for 6 sec in gear with the spool empty - I found some weaker springs that didn't put so much pressure on the gear sleeve - i was only getting 2 to 2.5 seconds before the change and now greased up I can barely hear the clicks and backlash is dam near non existent .

johnachak

Quote from: noyb72 on May 25, 2014, 06:31:38 AM
I tell you what, I bet you can't spin that handle backwards! Nice work.
Definitely time for a stainless sleeve.
Ron

That's exactly what I was thinking. Won't those stainless dogs make short work of the Brass teeth on the sleeve? Unless of course you lube it after every use. I guess if it's yours to use then you can do just that.
Excellent work by the way. I wish I was that talented.

basto

Quote from: Mattman NZ on May 25, 2014, 03:38:42 AM
Hi guys the eccentric jack i used in the pic was a spare part just to see if everything fitted ok and I must say i take my hat off to the people who work with stainless steel - its not only hard - its hard on tools and my fingers hurt like hell .lol. All done and it works like a charm. ;D

Very very clever! I hope this gets photo of the month.
Basto
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Mattman NZ

Thanks Basto iv just done a test on the bridge and dogs - all worked out sweat .