Hello Everyone

Started by Gman, May 27, 2014, 06:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gman

Fabulous site and looks like a really nice group of people.  I'm blown away by all of the great information and reel upgrades shared here.  As for me, I grew up fishing Penn Squidders and Jigmasters, and later Newell reels in SoCal.  Started fishing bonito and anything else we could get off the Manhattan Beach Pier in 1968.  Moved up to fishing Redondo Harbor from a skiff I had there--would grab my gear after school and bicycle down to the harbor to fish for a couple of hours before it got dark. I remember fishing from the City of Redondo for bluefin tuna at the edge of Redondo Canyon (no luck for me) and seeing dozens of yellowtail caught from one of the party boats inside (yes, inside) Redondo Harbor one afternoon.  Back then, we used to trick out our Squidders and Jigmasters with Newell spools, frames and crossbars.  Lived in San Diego for a couple of years in the late '80s/early '90s, where I got to live my dream of regular overnight and multi-day trips (and fished primarily Newells, Slosh 20s, and Penn 4/0 Senators with Tib frames).  It's been a couple of decades since I've done much fishing due to career and family obligations, but I'm hoping to get back into it again.  I love the "old" reels we used to fish and I'm happy to see that they can be upgraded to compete with the latest offerings.  Besides, tinkering with them to hotrod them out sure is a lot of fun.  Thanks to all of you for your contributions here.  They are greatly appreciated.

Irish Jigger

Dominick

To quote one of the more wordy members on this site "hi."  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

erikpowell

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

welcome to the "neighborhood"...

DaBigOno

Aloha!    Welcome gman

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

alantani

ah, another penn guy.  you'll fit right in.  welcome!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!