re-introducing bryan young!

Started by alantani, July 20, 2010, 01:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

guys, i've asked bryan young to help moderate the board.  he's been a great deal of help over the last year.  with work, the family, the reel stuff and dealing with a pair of very elderly in-laws, it was just getting to be too much.  if you have problems or questions of an admin nature, please continue to check in with me.  if i don't get back to you quick, feel free to check in with bryan.  he should have access to the admin sections as well.  

as far as the moderating goes, it really has not been that big of a deal, but i will be away for the last week in july and the second week in august.  just remember that posts need to appropriate for my 12 year old daughter, and yours!  thanks!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

this is embarassing.  all i have is a picture of his boat!

borchcl

Great to have you on board, Brian! Nice boat!

Bryan Young

Here's a pic of me.  Nice to meet all of you, and thanks Alan for the privilege to help.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

broadway

Hey Bryan,

Sweet Boat!  How did you make out in Long Island with the flukey flukes and the hump heads?  The fluke heated up around here in the first week in July and they already turned off...that's okay I'm a striper man myself.  Hope to see ya around theses parts again, and for god sake's bring your boat!  Alan Tani's right hand man...U gotta be good! :)
Dom

Bryan Young

Hey Dom,

Never made it out to Long Island.  Training postpone until October or November.   And no, I'm not Alan's right hand man.  Just a friend with like values, I presume.

All,  

Thanks for the remarks about the boat.  My wife is reminding me every day about the purchase, and it's been 3 years now...and counting.  I wish I had more time to use it and a kid that would just stay in the boat.

It's an Aluminum Chambered Boat made in Bellingham, Washington where a lot of millitary ships were build in the past, and I believe Orca and a few others.  It's basically a rib with the air chambers made out of aluminum.  It was one of the last four 23 footers built.  In hind sight, I should have waited since 25' are selling a bit cheaper now with a 350 Yamaha or twin 175 zukes.  Oh well...

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

broadway

Bryan,

See if you can make arrangements to do some striper/false albacore/bonito fishing in Sept or Oct. that's when it heats up...keep me posted on your arrival.  As for the misses, you just gotta get her a new car then she'll quiet down...worked for a buddy of mine ;) Thanks for contributing to Alan's great site!
Dom

BigT

G'day Bryan,

I'm guessing in the photo that you're not the orange one with the bulging eyes ;D

Great to hear you're helping out as a moderator. I'll do my best not to cause any trouble and look forward to chatting on the boards. :D

Cheers, BigT
more of my rebuilds on
http://www.fishraider.com.au

Norcal Pescador

Bryan,

I wouldn't say, "Nice boat!"  It's more like, "WOTTA BOAT!!!!"

Only in my dreams . . . . .

Seriously, glad for the help you're giving Alan.

Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Bryan Young

Quote from: BigT on July 20, 2010, 08:42:16 PM
G'day Bryan,

I'm guessing in the photo that you're not the orange one with the bulging eyes ;D

Great to hear you're helping out as a moderator. I'll do my best not to cause any trouble and look forward to chatting on the boards. :D

Cheers, BigT
I'm the green guy with the bulging eyes. :-[

alantani

Quote from: BigT on July 20, 2010, 08:42:16 PM

thanks for that, tony.  that was the best laugh i've had all day.  yeah, been a long day........

BigT

Quote from: BryanYoung on July 21, 2010, 05:23:26 AM

I'm the green guy with the bulging eyes. :-[

Hmmmmm... I think I see what you mean.   Welcome to sunny California and beware of friends who say "No, it'll be beautiful... maybe just a light breeze and a bit overcast!"

T ;)
more of my rebuilds on
http://www.fishraider.com.au

Norcal Pescador

Hmmmmm... I think I see what you mean.   Welcome to sunny California and beware of friends who say "No, it'll be beautiful... maybe just a light breeze and a bit overcast!"

T ;)

Hi Tony,
California has whatever weather you want at any time. On any given summer day it will be 100+ degrees (40+C) in Redding [my village], small craft or gale warnings off the coast, foggy and breezy on the coast, 5-95% humidity, everything in between, and downright balmy in most other places. And avalanches, mustn't forget the avalanches.

Come on across the pond and you can count on receiving a cool one [or more] from your saltwater mates.

Regards,
Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

slip tip

A most hearty welcome, Bryan! Great looking commercial, heavy duty, type of boat!

Regards,
David
If you kill it, grill it!