My little Newell

Started by Alto Mare, May 31, 2014, 01:41:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

I've been wanting to get me a Newell 220, I knew that I needed someone that is nuts about these reels, so, who better than the Newell Nut himself ;D. I contacted Dwight and asked if he could put one together for me, he got right on it

Dwight,  thanks again for doing such a nice job on this baby... nice reel.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

bluefish69

Sal

You joined The Newell Club. YIPPEE
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Cortez_Conversions

Someone just got bit by the Newell bug....

Enjoy it Sal!
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Big Tim

Mattman NZ

BMITCH

Sal, nice little reel there. I've got 5 Newell's. They really are simple and well made. Now ya need to double dog this one ;) what's next? A push button zebco? ::)
luck is the residue of design.

Newell Nut

It may need a double dog with that 5+1 drag system in it. Bad to the bone.

erikpowell

Boom! Nice one Sal.
Would you compare that in size to a Surfmaster?
Where's it fit in the lineup?

Alto Mare

Thanks guys!
Erik, it's about 1/4" smaller than the 100, but about a 1/4" wider. I did a quick drag test and got 22lb, same as the Jigmaster. This reel is tough for its size, I know I could have gotten a couple of more pounds, but the line snapped at 22lb, telling me that Dwight loaded it with 20#. Good job Dwight, the reel feels very smooth ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Newell Nut

Glad you like it. That is outrageous drag for such a small reel. I stopped at 18 when I tested it and still had some more left on the star. You are strong enough to hold the rod at the drag setting right? ;D

erikpowell