Tom's SS Newell Sleeves

Started by Newell Nut, May 31, 2014, 10:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

The SS sleeves by Tom plus my 8 stack drag system in a 631 successfully broke 80 LB line today on  a couple AJs so decided to ease up on the drag a little for the next one. I was fishing the Pastime Princess out of New Smyrna Beach today with the legendary Captain Al Coley. The water was nice and clear 1 foot seas today. AJs, mangos and vermilions and triggers were biting.

Alto Mare

That's a beaut Dwight, that smile says it all. Congratulation buddy, nice fish! ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

bluefish69

I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

ChileRelleno

Now that is an infectious grin!  ;D
Nice Reef Donkey, perfect eating size
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Newell Nut

Those Reef Donkeys put up quite a tough fight.

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Newell Nut on June 01, 2014, 12:51:31 AM
Those Reef Donkeys put up quite a tough fight.
Hence the nickname.  ;)
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

broadway

Nice catch, those AJ's are the bluefish of the gulf with way more size ...and If Tom made the sleeves you're good to go.
Seriously, that smile is contagious.
All the best,
Dom

alantani

nice fish!  what's with the "no braid" sign?  ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Newell Nut

Most party boats around here do not allow braid for safety reasons. Too risky for the mates trying untangle braid and mono and some tourist jerks or a fish hits a bait in the process and a serious cut or lost finger may result.