Leather Drags?

Started by broadway, July 26, 2010, 03:13:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Hey guys,

I just bought another 1/0 senator from ebay that had a couple of disintegrated leather drags...only one wasn't destroyed.  Does anyone know where I could get a new set of leather drags.  I would gladly buy them from anyone here first if they were willing to part with them.  This reel is part of a collection...not to be put back in operation unless my (2) 200gte die on me:)  Thanks
Dom

Ellis Feibush

Have lots of original leather washers to fit Jigmaster. Will they fit your Senator? Not sure. You can have them if you want.

akfish

Jigmaster drags are larger diameter but you could cut them down quite easily.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Ellis Feibush

Just sent a bunch of those leather washers out to you Dominick. I also sent out the balance of my leather washer collection to you, which is sizeable. Who knows, there may be some in there that fit Some of your Senators. I used to use the 113 for wire lining Striped Bass with bunker spoons. Back in the day, we used to use graphite powder, the type they used to lubricate door locks, to also lubricate those leather washers. If you have some of that black graphite powder you might want to give it a try. Out of curiosity, let me know if any of those other washers fit any of your senators. Good luck with it.

slip tip

Had a couple of the "old" jig masters once, at the time they were brand new and had the leather drags. They had the spring loaded lubrication port where oil was squeezed in. Trouble was, put a drop or two of too much oil and it would get inside the main gear/drag area. The result was "no drag"..... :D

Regards,
David
If you kill it, grill it!

broadway

Ellis,

Sent you a PM.  Wow,  you sent the whole kit and kaboodle?!  that's really nice of you...I'll pay it forward, and if ya ever need one for anyone let me know I'll ship it right out.  I'll tell ya, I wish we could get every member on this site in one place at a time...I think we'd have a blast, and a ton of FISHY stories ;)  Thanks again
Dom

Ellis Feibush

You're very welcome Dom.