Mangos were hungry today

Started by Newell Nut, June 10, 2014, 10:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

Several people caught some nice mangos today and I have one of those once in a life time memories from the trip. I had a nice bat mango almost to the boat when I see something very large coming up from the bottom and then this giant jew fish engulfed my mango and then cruised back to the bottom to cut me off. Nice memory but I would rather have the mango. Fished on the Pastime Princess today in New Smyrna Beach FL.

;D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Bryan Young

I like the way the fish are hung.  Is that to dry them out?  No chilling needed for those Florida fish?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

bluefish69

Keep posting pictures of fish so I can remember what they look like.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

otownjoe

Newell Nut

Quote from: Bryan Young on June 10, 2014, 10:42:51 PM
I like the way the fish are hung.  Is that to dry them out?  No chilling needed for those Florida fish?
They hang up the stringers from the ice box as we approach the dock and all stringers have a number that is called out and then we take them to a box of ice water at the cleaning table. Fairly smooth operation.

ChileRelleno

Dang'it man, that is a mighty fine looking stringer of fish.
I see some candidates for Dom's steamed fish recipe.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

floating doc

Looks like a great day! Can't wait until I get on the Sea Spirit next month.
Central Florida

erikpowell

Now that's some good eaten' !  Nice stringer Dwight  8) 

anglingarchitect

Good size Mango's there Dwight.

Bryan Young

Nice.  They look like they are very tasty.  I wonder if they would be good shyabu style (dipped in hot water then dipped in sauce before eaten)
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Mikeflorian

How long in the hot water Brian and what's the sauce like

Bryan Young

Quote from: Mikeflorian on June 11, 2014, 04:23:31 PM
How long in the hot water Brian and what's the sauce like
First prepare a platter of sashimi about 1/4" thick slices.

Then in the center of the table, you have boiling water.  A good, wide sauce pan and a burner.

Dip the fish in the hot water for as long as you like.  For me, it's only a few seconds until the outside of the fish turns white, and inside is slightly raw. 

Then dip it in ponzu (citric soy sauce) or shyabu shyabu (sometimes spelled shabu shabu) sesame seed sauce (Gomma), and enjoy.

I'm making myself hungry.

Mikeflorian

Thank you I'm getting hungry too

Keta

Do mango snapper taste as good as red snackers?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain