JVariance YTS

Started by joel8080, June 11, 2014, 01:05:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joel8080

Any one know which spool they used in the JVarience 4/0 YTS.

Joel8080
Oceanside,California

seaeagle2

I got a kit from them and I think it was one they machined themselves, its been a while so I don't remember for sure, I know I have some newell spools and they're black and marked, but the JVariance was silver, I kinda remember there was a color choice for the kit but not individual parts, I think I tried to get a different color spool from the frame but he didn't have any.
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

joel8080

I also bought a kit but the spool is Black? did they buy what was available and include it in the kit,?

Joel8080
Oceanside,California

day0ne

They had to have made it themselves or had it made as there are none available, especially in quantity. If you can machine frames and side plates, machining a spool is easy.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Alto Mare

Quote from: joel8080 on June 11, 2014, 01:05:30 AM
Any one know which spool they used in the JVarience 4/0 YTS.

Joel8080
Joel, JVariance offered those as kits, in narrow or standard.
Couldn't find the company, but here is a shot of the kit
http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=Dl6Q8EsBNWfhyM&tbnid=GS9sCMjz3WthvM:&ved=0CAMQjhw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tx-sharkfishing.com%2Fmessageboard%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D7498%26view%3Dnext%26sid%3D01222f580802f5296f06b4ed4ebbd5b3&ei=xyyYU4z0LaqqsQTw1YH4Dw&bvm=bv.68693194,d.cWc&psig=AFQjCNGalIW21_pgag24_PLNVr0hNOkyfA&ust=1402568262370778
When Jeff started mixing up colors, I knew that he was cleaning up whatever he had leftover, it's a shame :(.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

joel8080

Thanks for the info, I'm looking for a spare spool for my YTS, I thought it might be a spool made by some one else as I have a black spool that came with my kit and have not heard of many black spools in the kits.

Joel8080
Oceanside,California

Alto Mare

Joel, you could use JVariance-Accurate-Newell or Tiburon. I have a narrow frame and been looking for a narrow spool for a couple of months with no luck, I used to see those every day, all of a sudden they've disappeared :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

joel8080

If I find one it's yours I'll get the next one.

Joel 8080
Oceanside,California

Alto Mare

No Joel, I am looking for one, but don't really need it that bad. I'll wait for the next one, I'm keeping an eye out for you.
They do pop up every now and again, but for what they're asking, they most be smoking some weed :-\.

joel8080

I'm sure it's not Sea weed!.

Joel 8080
Oceanside,California

day0ne

They are $73.95 new from Tiburon. It's a T4NS
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter