Senator 2/0 Question

Started by bluefish69, June 12, 2014, 03:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluefish69

I am rebuilding a 2/0 & replacing the drags. Scott's says 3 - HT 100's & 3 Metal washers & 8-60 Spring Washer. I put them in & there is still a lot of room So I added another HT 100 & Metal Washer. The Stack just comes even with the top of the Gear. Leaving out the Spring Washer. Will there be a problem??????

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Bryan Young

There will be no problems with leaving out the that particular spring washer...

I believe that there are HT-100s that are a little thinner so that you can make a 5 stack for that gear.  The best I can do is a 6 stack which you are only using 5 of the surfaces so I would just go with a 5 stack.

Let me take a look this evening and will get back to you Mike.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

hard to keep track of these......

the schematic calls for a #6-113 drag, so that means that you can put five of the #6-60 ht 100 drags in the main gear.  you will need one extra keyed metal washer and one extra slotted metal washer.  you will also need a thin $2 carbontex drag washer to go under the main gear.  if you put a #6-60 or a #6-155 drag under the main get, it gets smushed too much.  if you put a #6-113 drag underneath, the main gear sits too high and it rubs against the side plate.  let me know if you need parts.  i've got a bunch of these.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

bluefish69

All I would need is the Carbon X Washer. I ended up with an eared washer on top, which I didn't like. I am using the Brass Washers that came with the Reel + 1 washer that I have. I am sending you my info in a min.

Thanks for the help

Mike

alantani

i'll send you the carbontex drag, no charge!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

bluefish69

Keta

Quote from: bluefish69 on June 12, 2014, 03:32:30 PM
All I would need is the Carbon X Washer. I ended up with an eared washer on top, which I didn't like. I am using the Brass Washers that came with the Reel + 1 washer that I have. I am sending you my info in a min.

Thanks for the help

Mike

If there is room between the eared washer and the side plate put in another CF and a keyed washer.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

bluefish69

As of yesterday there were 2 Keyed & 2 Eared Washers with 4 HT 100 Washers. I have a 6-155 HT 100 under the Gear. This was done before I asked this question. I don't like the Eared Washer on top.

Mike

Aiala

I find myself wondering if there exist any aftermarket gears made to speed up the glacially slow 2.25:1 retrieve ratio on this little gem? (I already grabbed an aluminum spool on fleaBay.) As it stands, one's hand could fall off from the endless winding...  :P

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

CooldadE

Some guys use them in SF Bay area as Party boat Salmon trollers. That low gear helps reeling in that 2.5 to 3 lb ball. I have one but don't use it...
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

Ron Jones

I bet you could slow it down with a 113 pinion, but it already sped up.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

bluefish69

I did what Alan said & put his Drag Washer in between the Main Gear & Bridge Sleeve. Then removed 1 CF Washer from the Stack & reversed the second eared washer & the keyed washer, keyed washer is now on top & added 3 Spring Washers. Put the reel together with new SS Bars & new Aluminum Spool. It looks nice with more than enough drag to sit on a Plinth in the LR.

Thanks for all the help.

Mike