I finally got around to putting a ss jigmaster bridge in my 112h

Started by Cone, June 17, 2014, 02:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

floating doc

I have a 112HN that I was building for the new gears. I haven't finished it, in part due to the difficulty of getting a second dog to work, but also because of the problems with the gears.

If you think it would be useful to run the tests on a narrow reel with a one piece frame, I'll send it.
Central Florida

Alto Mare

Quote from: floating doc on June 19, 2014, 02:54:37 AM
I have a 112HN that I was building for the new gears. I haven't finished it, in part due to the difficulty of getting a second dog to work, but also because of the problems with the gears.

If you think it would be useful to run the tests on a narrow reel with a one piece frame, I'll send it.

Doc, I believe you asked me that question earlier and somehow never answered you, sorry.
My reels that I test take a beating, and so do my rods, I would never use anyone else reel for that reason.
My narrow 112H kit cost me $165 and it got scratched up pretty bad, that one was brand new.
I'm  not complaining, I don't mind doing what I do.
Also, there is never a need to send me a Senator, I have many of each, and I mean many ;D.
Bob could have sent just the bridge, but he wanted to send the reel along, I didn't bother arguing,  I knew I would lose. This man makes it very hard to get even with him. ;D
About that second dog that is giving you a hard time, send it over and I'll take care of it.
On the 112H I usually drill a hole and install a pin to hold the spring, if you're not crazy about me drilling a hole, don't send it.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

floating doc

Central Florida

Alto Mare

Bob, you did a great job on that bridge and plate, even if we had to grind our own plate, it's only a tiny bit.

I installed the gears and sleeve that I'm showing on the right, yes, all of my reels have a delrin washer for under the gear ;D

got my trusty wagon out and unfortunately the same thing happened with the gears, they failed at 14lbs.

So, the problem isn't with the bridge. As someone else mentioned earlier, I also believe the larger diameter spool is causing it.
Thank you Bob for doing this for us, all is not lost, I would love to have Alan make us some bridge as you did, so we can use with the new 4:1 gears that my buddy WILL FOR SURE MAKE FOR US ...right Alan? ;D
Bob, I will put the reel back together and send it right out, thanks again.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Cone

At least we know it's not the bridge. I really had my doubts about it helping. Thanks for the time and trouble testing it. To be honest I don't see me using it above 10 lbs of drag. No hurry on the reel. I have a 501 that I magged on a custom rod. I hope i can one day learn to cast a conventional.  ;D  Did I ever mention I grew up with spinners? We only used conventionals for bottom fishing or trolling. At least the reel will have more stainless parts. Thats a good thing to me.   Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Shark Hunter

Bob,
When I'm down in September, Mike is pretty good at casting a 4/0. ;)
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

The reel was ready to ship, I'm going to open the box back up and give him something special in that reel. He'll be able to cast like a pro when I'm done with it ;D.

Cone

Any help is appreciated. Sal, don't bother. I really need practice. It's just too easy to grab a spinner if I need to make a cast. Old habits die hard!
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

floating doc

Central Florida