I finally got around to putting a ss jigmaster bridge in my 112h

Started by Cone, June 17, 2014, 02:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cone

I took one of the Pro Challenger bridges from Black Pearl and put it in my 112h tonight. I had the upper bridge screw holes tig welded, ground the welds flat and drilled and re tapped them for the 112h. I ran into a problem with one of the dogs. One of the upper bridge screws was too close to the dog pin for the dog to work on one side. I just used a 112h dog on that side and did away with the pins. It has double dogs and a stainless steel bridge now. I will post some pics tomorrow.
   Bob

Jigmaster bridge on the left. Stainless bridge in the center. The dog is visible sticking out under the gear. 112h bridge on the right.

I had to grind the back of the plate to clear the dog on the bridge.

Bridge installed in 112h side plate.
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Shark Hunter

Good work Bob!
Sure is quiet around here with everybody gone fishing. :-\
Now get out there and catch me some Shark bait! ;D
Life is Good!

floating doc

Great! I have a 112HN project that I'm a year into and haven't finished. I had trouble getting the double dog to work, and then when the problems showed up with the BP gears, I put it aside to finish later. It's still in pieces, and I don't know what to do about the gears.
Central Florida

floating doc

Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 17, 2014, 04:49:04 AM
Good work Bob!

Hi... Yeah, I've noticed how quiet the site is.

BTW, I picked up the aluminum spool, ball bearing 115L to finish that project. Also scored some crimpers last night.
Central Florida

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Way to go Bob, when you mentioned it to me I knew that you were going to get her done. ;)
This will help us determine if it is the bridge or the larger diameter spool that are stripping the gears at 15lbs.
Next, you will need to test it with the latest Black Pearl's gears, but you will also need the spacer...if you don't mind.
Thanks for doing this for us buddy.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Alto Mare

Quote from: floating doc on June 17, 2014, 05:00:49 AM
Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 17, 2014, 04:49:04 AM
Good work Bob!

Hi... Yeah, I've noticed how quiet the site is.

BTW, I picked up the aluminum spool, ball bearing 115L to finish that project. Also scored some crimpers last night.
Guys, I've noticed that WE keep deviating on a few posts, please lets try to stay focused and answer only questions related to the post, yes me included ;D. This should minimize confusion with the newer guys.  Thanks! Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 17, 2014, 09:33:28 AM
Way to go Bob, when you mentioned it to me I knew that you were going to get her done. ;)
This will help us determine if it is the bridge or the larger diameter spool that are stripping the gears at 15lbs.
Next, you will need to test it with the latest Black Pearl's gears, but you will also need the spacer...if you don't mind.
Thanks for doing this for us buddy.
Sal

Good stuff Bob. Nice work! Only problem with you testing the gears is that now Sal has to ship the wagon and bricks down to you!
luck is the residue of design.

Alto Mare

;D ;D...
I'm sure Bob could get creative, all he needs is anything that would generate over 15lb while turning the handle. tying a cat by its tail might work ;D.

Cone

I'll just send it to Sal. He can abuse it as long as he needs to. I have plenty of reels. Too many have never been fished. I do have a set of gears on order from Black Pearl.  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)

floating doc

It would be great to solve the gear problem with the 112h.  :)

Oh, and thanks for the reminder to avoid the "threadjacking". Good point.
Central Florida

Cone

The reel is on its way to Sal. It will be interesting to see if it makes any difference. I'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to thread jacking. I honestly don't think about it. I will try to be better myself.  ;) I don't take offence when it happens to me. If I offended anyone in the past please accept my apology.   Bob

Black Pearl

Quote from: Cone on June 18, 2014, 08:17:28 PM
The reel is on its way to Sal. It will be interesting to see if it makes any difference. I'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to thread jacking. I honestly don't think about it. I will try to be better myself.  ;) I don't take offence when it happens to me. If I offended anyone in the past please accept my apology.   Bob

Bob,

You know what is going to happen if you 112H with my Jigmaster SS bridge works with the Jigmaster 5:1 SS gear set and sleeve spacer, it means that few people will ask me to come out with the Jigmaster's bridge with no dog and new upper plate screw holes, so it can install in the 112H.

Sal, you know that you will have to send me a 112H original bridge if Bob's reel works with the new 5:1 gear set.

Thanks,
--Alan

Cone

Alan, If it does work, you can take my modified bridge to use. I'm willing to help any way I can. Thanks again for making these parts available.
Bob

Alto Mare

Quote from: Black Pearl on June 18, 2014, 08:40:53 PM
Bob,

You know what is going to happen if you 112H with my Jigmaster SS bridge works with the Jigmaster 5:1 SS gear set and sleeve spacer, it means that few people will ask me to come out with the Jigmaster's bridge with no dog and new upper plate screw holes, so it can install in the 112H.

Sal, you know that you will have to send me a 112H original bridge if Bob's reel works with the new 5:1 gear set.

Thanks,
--Alan
Not a problem Alan, but if you take a closer look, you might already have one.

Quote from: Cone on June 18, 2014, 10:11:23 PM
Alan, If it does work, you can take my modified bridge to use. I'm willing to help any way I can. Thanks again for making these parts available.
Bob
Thanks for always helping out buddy. ;)