antireverse reel mitchell 410 problems

Started by cotywamboldt, June 23, 2014, 03:03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cotywamboldt

Hola. Tengo problemas con el antireverse de un reel mitchell 410. Lo he desarmado, lubricado y vuelto a armar. Cuando corro la palanca del antireverse el mismo salta a pesar de haber corrido la palanca del antireverse. Alguien me podra ayudar.

johndtuttle

Translation:

"Hello. I have problems antireverse a mitchell reel 410. I've disassembled, lubricated and reassembled. When i run the same antireverse lever rises despite having run antireverse lever. Someone may help me."

My Answer: Hello. I am sorry I don't know mitchell reels very well. In addition my Spanish is not very good but I will try and help if someone who knows this reel better answers in English.

Hola. Lo siento no sé mitchell carretes muy bien. Además mi español no es muy bueno, pero voy a tratar de ayudar si alguien que conoce este carrete mejores respuestas en Inglés.

foakes

Not really understanding the problem -- possibly due to translation understanding on my part.

Do not understand "rises" -- but generally on these reels, there is not too much to adjust, if all is in place and working without excess wear on the nylon teeth on the anti-reverse mechanism.

Might remove the gears and anti-reverse nylon piece --remove all of the grease except for a light coating on the gear teeth. 

Clean the anti-reverse nylon stop with the spring attached.  Slightly bend the spring at a sharper angle to provide more tension and force against the main gear.  Just a couple of drops of oil under the anti-reverse nylon piece -- and it should work OK.

Sometimes a combination of worn teeth, grease, and a weak spring on these nylon anti-reverse cam pieces will cause a slipping backwards problem.

Good reels -- the 410 is a high-speed version of the 300.  5 to 1 retrieve ratio, instead of 3 to 1.  This is similar also to the 400.  High speed Mitchell's come in a blue color instead of the standard black --  and they have a longer handle with generally a torpedo grip for more torque when needed.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

johndtuttle

Translation via Google translation software:

En realidad, no la comprensión del problema - posiblemente debido a la comprensión de traducción de mi parte.

No entiendo "se levanta", son su referencia a la uña contra la inversa...? pero por lo general en estos carretes, no hay mucho que ajustar, si todo está en su lugar y funcionando sin un desgaste excesivo en los dientes de nylon en la anti- mecanismo de revertir.

Podría quitar los engranajes y piezas de nylon anti-reverso - eliminar toda la grasa a excepción de una ligera capa de los dientes del engranaje.

Limpie la parada de nylon anti-reverso con el muelle adjunto. Doble ligeramente la primavera en un ángulo más agudo para proporcionar más tensión y la fuerza contra el tren de aterrizaje principal. Sólo un par de gotas de aceite a la pieza de nylon anti-reversa - y debería funcionar bien.

A veces una combinación de dientes desgastados, grasa, y un resorte débil en estos nylon anti-reverso piezas de leva provocará un problema deslizarse hacia atrás.

Buenas carretes - el 410 es una versión de alta velocidad del 300 5-1 recuperar la relación, en lugar de 3 a 1 Esto es similar también a la 400 de alta velocidad Mitchell vienen en un color azul en lugar del negro estándar... - - y que tienen un mango más largo con generalmente un agarre de torpedo para más de par motor cuando sea necesario.

Espero que esto ayude.

Best,

Fred

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.