How would you like to meet THIS big ol' fishie??

Started by Aiala, June 23, 2014, 07:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

30 miles off Cape May, NJ, in a 35-foot boat... lawd have mercy... CHOMP!!   :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg4U9M-E5Ec&app=desktop

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

bluefish69

I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

harryk3616

Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 23, 2014, 08:27:42 PM
Nom, Nom Nom!!! :o
daron,     that shark has your name written all over it,  break out that 12/0

Aiala

Quote from: harryk3616 on June 24, 2014, 03:04:18 AM
Daron, that shark has your name written all over it, break out that 12/0!

The guys estimated its length at 16 feet... (probably a bit generous, but still.) I think Daron might need a bigger reel! 

~A~

Shark Hunter

I don't want to tangle with a White! :o I have been closely watching Katherine in the Gulf. She is a 14' female at 2300lbs! ;)
Life is Good!

jonnou

Had a similar experience about 10 years ago in the Kaipara Harbour.  was so cool to see such a large  and powerfull fish. Very sobering!!  :o

Cone

Someone had a video of one taking a bite out of a RIB on youtube. The guy in the RIB got into another boat fast! The shark put a large hole in one of the pontoons.  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

bluefish69

We now have another G W off the Rockaway Shore [116 St.] Dom could get there in a 1/2 Hr. 40 Min on his boat.

Mike

Shark Hunter

Mike,
I bet you guys have more sharks swimming around out there in your neck of the woods, it will boggle your mind. All it takes is a little know how, A Kayak and a Big Senator. ::)
I bet with the right Motivation, you could be he next Quint! ;) (Without getting Eaten, Mind you)
Just Rubba that magic ball! :D
Life is Good!

ChileRelleno

::)  12/0?  Better break out the 16/0, or maybe an Everol 20/0.

One thing is for sure...  You're gonna need a bigger boat!  ;D
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

bluefish69

I know Capt. Richie on the 35' Marilyn Jean will bring in a few Threshers this year. He's been doing it for a while now. Mako Sharks are off shore now.

Mike

Shark Hunter

Thresher Shark Steaks are very good eating! When I was stationed in San Diego, We would get them at a local fish market and grill them. You have to coat them with a layer of Mayo to keep them from falling apart. :P
Life is Good!

broadway

The Rockaway great white was a pup but was traveling with a 10'er.  I swim about 5 blocks from the Breezy jetty (off Riis Park)... or should I say USED TO! ;)
Saw a 5' thresher at my dock yesterday and many reports of others being caught locally.  It's gonna be tough convincing others to join me when I decide to jump in on a hot/humid day... anyone for a dip ???
Stay safe out there and don't try to take the hook out of ANY, even pup great whites like the angler off Rockaway did.  That shark could've taken his hand off with no problem!
Thanks
Dom

Aiala